Question RTX 3070 + i3 12100F

Nov 13, 2022
I had a GTX 1660 that burned out 5 months ago, and I'm using a 1050 at the moment, I have an i3 12100F and I intend to buy an RTX 3070 on aliexpress to change the processor in the future too, it's worth buying the video card and using it for one time an i3 12100F or it can get in the way with the difference in performance like having a big bottleneck

Lutfij

Titan
I intend to buy an RTX 3070 on aliexpress
You might want to source the GPU mentioned above locally as opposed to trusting your money to a seller who are known to sell fake GPU's. At the end of the day it's your money.

Furthermore, please list your specs like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Last edited:

KyaraM

Admirable
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abBosX4-lKg

Depends a bit on the game and resolution, but there isn't all that much of a difference between the 12100F and a 12700, even with a stronger 3080 12GB. Especially on higher resolutions, you won't be able to tell a difference. In GPU intensive games, there will be a difference, but with a 3070 it shouldn't be all that great. I would consider to buy the 3070 somewhere else, though. Aliexpress isn't exactly the best marketplace unless you got absolutely no other choice.

There is no such thing as "bottlenecking"
If, by that, you mean that upgrading a cpu or graphics card can
somehow lower your performance or FPS.
A better term might be limiting factor.
That is where adding more cpu or gpu becomes increasingly
less effective.

What is the make/model of your psu?
If your psu is strong enough, buy the strongest graphics card your wallet permits.
That is apparently what you need now.
In time, there are many cpu upgrades possible.

I intend to buy an RTX 3070 on aliexpress
You might want to source the GPU mentioned above locally as opposed to trusting your money to a seller who are known tos ell fake GPU's. At he end of the day it's your money.

Furthermore, please list your specs like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Good point. In fact, I thought I saw something where Nvidia was intending to do a sting on fake gpus. Be careful on those sites. You might be better off paying a little extra locally.