Question RTX 3070 + i9 Micro stutters and poor fps

Ok somethings very wrong there. Check the PCI-E mode first off if you haven't checked before, I had this issue recently with my 3080 running at x2 PCI-E 3.0. Caused lots of micro stutter and low fps, quick and easy to check. Have you checked your CPU temps and clock speeds during gaming?

rReece

Prominent
Nov 12, 2021
Ok somethings very wrong there. Check the PCI-E mode first off if you haven't checked before, I had this issue recently with my 3080 running at x2 PCI-E 3.0. Caused lots of micro stutter and low fps, quick and easy to check. Have you checked your CPU temps and clock speeds during gaming?
How do I check if its in 2.0 or 3.0?

rReece

Prominent
Nov 12, 2021
as for my temps my temps are usually really good, my GPU sits around 55 to 60 and my CPU sits around 55 to 60 maybe 65 depending on the game but even on cpu stress tests it doesnt go above 65 really

rReece

Prominent
Nov 12, 2021
nvm my PCI-E Bus is in Gen3

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Don't think you have the latest bios, would update.

Would also test with just two sticks of ram in the second and fourth slot from the cpu.

Having three sticks isn't bad per se, but one stick will run in single channel and you proabaly don't need more than 16gb for now. Make sure you keep the two stick from one kit in the system, don't take just randomly one out.

rReece

Prominent
Nov 12, 2021
Don't think you have the latest bios, would update.

Would also test with just two sticks of ram in the second and fourth slot from the cpu.

Having three sticks isn't bad per se, but one stick will run in single channel and you proabaly don't need more than 16gb for now. Make sure you keep the two stick from one kit in the system, don't take just randomly one out.
I had the problems when i had 2 sticks, also with 4 and still with 3 :( I also updated my bios last month, there prob is a new update so ill get around to doing that soon but yeah just very confused cause ive tried so many things over the past 2 years and i legit am lost with what could be causing these problems

sorry for the late response was busy. Yes it is but sometimes drops to like 4.65 is that good?
That's ok :) 4.65Ghz is fine as long as the CPU is sustaining it and not throttling when under load for a long period. Your userbench stuff looks really good so no obvious issues there. Not sure what to suggest really. Do you have any games that run ok? I did have a problem on my machine with Battlefield V stuttering ages ago, what caused it was one of the Windows mitigations for the Spectre exploit. Don't think it's your issue but just in case I'll suggest it anyway. If you click start and type 'exploit protection', go to system settings>>control flow guard>>> set to off by default. The fact you say you have problems on everything suggests your issue is something else but worth a pop.

rReece

Prominent
Nov 12, 2021
That's ok :) 4.65Ghz is fine as long as the CPU is sustaining it and not throttling when under load for a long period. Your userbench stuff looks really good so no obvious issues there. Not sure what to suggest really. Do you have any games that run ok? I did have a problem on my machine with Battlefield V stuttering ages ago, what caused it was one of the Windows mitigations for the Spectre exploit. Don't think it's your issue but just in case I'll suggest it anyway. If you click start and type 'exploit protection', go to system settings>>control flow guard>>> set to off by default. The fact you say you have problems on everything suggests your issue is something else but worth a pop.
Thank you so much for the reply, I appreicate all the tips n help you are giving; I disabled it and restarted and loaded a game in hopes this would be a fix but sadly not :( and yeah the only game that runs perfect is Valorant... apart from that everything runs horribly

Thank you so much for the reply, I appreicate all the tips n help you are giving; I disabled it and restarted and loaded a game in hopes this would be a fix but sadly not :( and yeah the only game that runs perfect is Valorant... apart from that everything runs horribly
Not surprised in my case it was only BFV that was affected so I set an override just for that. If it makes no difference your best off reenabling it. Your not using a riser cable for the GPU by any chance to mount the GPU vertically?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Can you make a log?

How to make a log,

download hwinfo64,
install and open it,
check "sensors-only",
click "run",
at the bottom of the window click "logging start",
choose a name and place for the log like "hwinfolog" at the "desktop",
this log can be viewed/opened with either excel from Microsoft or libre office calc.
you can upload it onto a site which facilitates this like SaberCatHost this one i like since not so much (or any) spam comes with it and does not require a log in to get the info.
Just make one until this happens like you described.

Do install FRAPS before and have it run, the FPS will also be displayed in the log as far as i remember.

rReece

Prominent
Nov 12, 2021
Can you make a log?

How to make a log,

you can upload it onto a site which facilitates this like SaberCatHost this one i like since not so much (or any) spam comes with it and does not require a log in to get the info.
Just make one until this happens like you described.

Do install FRAPS before and have it run, the FPS will also be displayed in the log as far as i remember.
should I be playing a game while logging?