[SOLVED] RTX 3070 isn't running as it should. Can't seem to figure out the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2022
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/52448940#GRAPHICS_CARD

So I've been noticing really bad performance and have scoured the internet for solutions, I use NVIDIA Geforce experience. Updated all the drivers here, set the configuration here on NVIDIA Processor as standard in 3D and PhysX. Preference set to performance. Also tried to see if anything was amiss in the Bios but I can't seem to find graphics settings there. (F2 During start-up)

I am not the most tech savvy guy out there when it comes to this, am I missing something obvious?

Thanks!

Solution
3070 is strong enough at 1080p to run 3figure fps, that's 100+, in almost everything imaginable.

The fact you are getting 20's means as said above, you are most likely using the igpu.

Check the connection in the rear. The cable is supposed to be plugged into the slots at the gpu, not onto the motherboard slots.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You shouldn't use Userbenchmark to tell you if your system is underperforming. Might I ask what your frame rates are in games? Does your laptop have any BIOS updates pending? As for your platform, have you tried using DDU to rid your platform of all GPU drivers, then reinstalling the latest drivers for your RTYX3070 manually using the latest off of Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

May 7, 2022
Thanks, It's underperforming in all games i've tried so far, Hell let Loose, Guild wars 2, GTA5, Pathfinder. Both with 20fps max and lows of 8fps. Bloons TD is fine however but this might have to do with the requirements?

I'm not sure where I can see if I have a Bios update pending, Current Bios Version is American Megatrends International LLC n.1.20A07 from 16/06/2021. SMBios Version 3.3

I'll go through the DDU removal process and do a manual install of the driver through Nvidia's support website.

Cheers,

May 7, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You shouldn't use Userbenchmark to tell you if your system is underperforming. Might I ask what your frame rates are in games? Does your laptop have any BIOS updates pending? As for your platform, have you tried using DDU to rid your platform of all GPU drivers, then reinstalling the latest drivers for your RTYX3070 manually using the latest off of Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

I've gotten rid of the old drivers and installed it through the support website. I also checked on my AMD drivers and these gave an error as well, so i removed these and updated these as well. My games no longer have a stutter (no more lows of 8 fps). But on uncapped they are smooth at 25 fps, which is still at the low end of what should be acceptable for this level of Graphics card.

I've gotten rid of the old drivers and installed it through the support website. I also checked on my AMD drivers and these gave an error as well, so i removed these and updated these as well. My games no longer have a stutter (no more lows of 8 fps). But on uncapped they are smooth at 25 fps, which is still at the low end of what should be acceptable for this level of Graphics card.
I'd say you're using the iGPU and not the 3070

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
3070 is strong enough at 1080p to run 3figure fps, that's 100+, in almost everything imaginable.

The fact you are getting 20's means as said above, you are most likely using the igpu.

Check the connection in the rear. The cable is supposed to be plugged into the slots at the gpu, not onto the motherboard slots.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.