Question RTX 3070 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan-H

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2013
PC Black screen issue

I have had this issue with my PC for a while now that happens when I’m exclusively gaming (nothing too demanding and not isolated to a single game) my PC will loose all video output/input on both monitors this can happen after a hour or so or within a few minutes. I’m confident the issue is solely connected to the video output as the audio continues without issue and I can navigate using the keyboard to tab out and pause music I have listed all the things I have tried below alongside my specs and can’t really think of anything else and desperately need help.

I have tried:
-Resitting the GPU in the existing slot and a separate one
-Ensured the power cables to the GPU aren’t damaged and sit properly
-Tried to switch to MOBO graphics once the black screen happened still no signal (this one really baffled me given the PC is still operating)
-Tried unplugging and plugging the display port and HDMI cables once the signal was lost
-Tried a full display driver wipe using DDU and installed new drivers
-I don’t believe anything is over locked but unsure how to be certain

Specs:
ASU’s RTX 3070 Ti Strix
MSI Z590 motherboard
Intel i7 processor
Corsair cx750m PSU

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Lutfij

Titan
Corsair cx750m PSU
How old is the PSU in your build?

Tried to switch to MOBO graphics once the black screen happened still no signal (this one really baffled me given the PC is still operating)
MSI Z590 motherboard
Intel i7 processor

If your i7 is an F SKU, you ack an iGPU so you wouldn't get display out from that end.

Have you tried using another PSU, borrowed from a friend or neighbor, who owns a reliably build higher wattage unit that can provide more wattage than your current unit's advertised to do?

Reactions: BwwwJ1st

Nathan-H

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2013
Corsair cx750m PSU

Tried to switch to MOBO graphics once the black screen happened still no signal (this one really baffled me given the PC is still operating)
MSI Z590 motherboard
Intel i7 processor

If your i7 is an F SKU, you ack an iGPU so you wouldn't get display out from that end.

Have you tried using another PSU, borrowed from a friend or neighbor, who owns a reliably build higher wattage unit that can provide more wattage than your current unit's advertised to do?
Corsair cx750m PSU

MSI Z590 motherboard
Intel i7 processor

The PSU was purchased in October 2020 alongside the 3070. You are correct about the onboard graphics howeverI did test chrome Remote Desktop after the signal dropped that also shows a black screen so although the PC technically functions there is a full cut off of any display I think.

I noticed the three fans on the card seem to go into serious overdrive when I start playing games so I guess the the card is just drawing too much power and cutting off as safety precaution. I take it there is no safe way around that other than upgrading the PSU.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I have noted a similar issue with the past couple of Nvidia drivers since around .22 For me turning off and then back on my monitor seems to take care of it most of the time. I have not specifically had that issue for the past two latest driver releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.