[SOLVED] RTX 3070 Low FPS performance and Red light indicator appearing on motherboard only when playing Warzone.

Jan 28, 2021
Motherboard: TUF GAMING 470-H Pro (Wi-Fi)
CPU: Intel I5-10400F
GPU: EVGA XC3 ULTRA RTX 3070 8GB
RAM: 16 GB KINGSTON HYPERX
PSU: Corsair RM850Cx
Hey there folks,

This is my first PC build, and so far it seems as I have put everything together correctly.
The only issue I'm currently having is low FPS in Warzone and that the red light indicator comes on the motherboard when playing the game.
When playing, I average at about 90FPS on medium settings. Which I feel for a 3070 I should definitely be getting a heck of a lot more FPS than that.
I don't know if the two correlate with each other, I'm still learning, but I would love some help if anyone has help to offer.

Ash95

Great
Dec 25, 2020
You are correct in assuming, that a 3070 getting 90fps is underperforming. I’m bottlenecked by an intel 7th gen and i still get 120+ fps on high settings at 1440p

Jan 28, 2021
Looks like you need to remount and repaste the cpu cooler.

Are you using the stock push-pin cooler that came with it? Those are understandably tricky to mount correctly.

That was exactly the issue ! I remounted, the stock cooler and my frames are now about 120 steady now. It was thermal throttling, thank you so much everyone ! I can finally enjoy my games. Much love !

Reactions: Phaaze88