Question RTX 3070 only using 45% power on Hell Let Loose. Anyone know any solves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2023
I recently upgraded from my GTX 1650 Super and Ryzen 5 2600x combo to a Ryzen 5 5600x and an MSI RTX 3070 Gaming Z Trio LHR. I am trying to run the game at 1440p on a 75hz refresh rate monitor, but for some reason my game will only reach 45-50 FPS which is much lower than what I'd expect an RTX 3070 to achieve. I know some games are poorly optimized and issues can also arise from CPU bottlenecking but I don't think that is the case with my set up?

Anyone know any reasons for this?
Thanks in advance.
Image loaded to Pasteboard here: https://pasteboard.co/VD94ybxxIpm1.png

System Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 6 Core 12 Threads (3,700Mhz Default clock - 4,700Mhz Boost clock)
GPU: MSI RTX 3070 Gaming Z Trio
Motherboard: AMD B450 A-Pro Max
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) 3200Mhz
PSU: MSI A750GF 750w
Drives: Windows installed on a 150GB SSD, Hell Let Loose installed on a 1TB HDD.

Is this the only game in which you are facing performance issues, or other games are also on the same boat ?

Anyway, first try launching the game by using the following command line parameter. You can do this via the game .exe's shortcut, or Launch options under STEAM client.

You can change the monitor's refresh rate here as well. Using DX12 might also help with some performance, but it's not a guarantee. There are 4 commands here.

-refresh 75 -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -malloc=system -dx12

Reactions: VonWitzland

bdcrlsn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Did you reinstall the GPU drivers? If not, I would use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) and reinstall the drivers, because all though they are the same brand GPU's, it's always a good idea to install fresh drivers when upgrading.

May 30, 2023
Is this the only game in which you are facing performance issues, or other games are also on the same boat ?

Anyway, first try launching the game by using the following command line parameter. You can do this via the game .exe's shortcut, or Launch options under STEAM client.

You can change the monitor's refresh rate here as well. Using DX12 might also help with some performance, but it's not a guarantee. There are 4 commands here.

-refresh 75 -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -malloc=system -dx12
Thanks for this,

Hell Let Loose is the only game performing lower than expected at a low usage. Other games are all running relatively fine from between 60-100FPS at 1440p Ultra settings, but those games at least seem to be utilising 90%+ of the GPU. For example I get good frames on Battlefield 2042 at 1440p ultra, but the GPU usage is always high which is good. To answer your question, yes it seems as though Hell Let Loose is the only one so far, which might suggest an optimisation issue?

I will try these shortcut commands, but I already have DX12 enabled.

May 30, 2023
Did you reinstall the GPU drivers? If not, I would use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) and reinstall the drivers, because all though they are the same brand GPU's, it's always a good idea to install fresh drivers when upgrading.
Yes I reinstalled the drivers with DDU when I first upgraded, and have since also completed a clean installation' of Nvidia's newest driver which I believe uninstalls all drivers and installs the newest one fresh. No harm in trying again though I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.