Question RTX 3070 performs bad

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 12, 2022
Hello,
I recently upgraded from an AMD r9 390 to an RTX 3070 but it performs worse somehow.
In Cs Go on FFA servers with 20 players on it I get like 200 fps average and drops to 100 fps frequently, the GPU usage is around 40% on average. But even on 40% usage I feel like I should get a lot more fps in cs go. I play on 1280 x 960 and mainly low settings. In League of Legends I have like 110-150 fps on 5% - 10% GPU usage.
My GPU fans aren't even spinning while playing if that matters. Only when I open more demanding games the fans will start spinning.
Also since I installed the new GPU my CPU seems to have unusual spikes and usage. It spikes to 30% - 50% just when I open my browser and last time I watched a livestream it was 60%+ consistently.
Maybe i didn't connect the PSU cables properly but I didn't have any problems with my previous GPU and I had 250-300fps without drops.
In the video you might see if I connected it properly and I also don't know what the red blinking light means, it only happens sometimes.

Video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONExaFJh1V4

What I already tried: - Setting my RAM to XMP mode = It didn't improve anything but crashing my pc later on.
- Deactivating high precision event timer (I read somewhere that it helped somebody).
- Clean uninstall of my old AMD drivers and Nvidia drivers just for the sake of it via DDU software and install of the new Nvidia drivers.

My specs:

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z170x Gaming 7
CPU: Intel i7 6700k
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 3070 ROG STRIX OC V2 LHR
SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4-3200
PSU: Seasonic G-Series 750W

Hope someone can help me :/
Thanks in advance.

Sorry I meant 31 °C - 33 °C when idle and spiking to 60 °C when I rewind video and do other basic tasks. When I play CS GO where my usage is around 40% my temperatures are around 50 °C - 60 °C, in Ghostrunner CPU usage is around 30-35% and the temperature is around 45 °C -55 °C, occasionally spiking to 60 °C.
Ambient temperature is probably 15 °C
Those temperatures are more than fine, to be expected I guess from a D15. I'm not sure why you are getting worse performance with your 3070. I would expect it to be similar performance to your old card given the low resolution and graphics settings.

Perhaps if you run the test at https://www.userbenchmark.com and post a link to the results it will shed some light.

May 12, 2022