AdrianTheHumble

Commendable
Jan 4, 2020
Guys I have an MSI Ventus 2X RTX 3070 and i never overclocked my GPU or any previous Gpus, I just set the Temp limit and Power limit to max for more performance, I also set Core Voltage to 100% on afterburner I thought it would make the GPU more stable but it crashed and restarted my PC 3 times while i played horizon Zero dawn, I thought the gpu was defective, but then i thought it was the voltage, so I disabled the voltage and reset it to 0 in afterburner, now during 1 hour stress of MSI kombustor furmark Donut 6500 mb the Gpu seems stable and never crashed again, I was just wondering if my GPU is permanently damaged? or is it alright? I never overclocked it, I just set the voltage to 100% and it crashed and rebooted my PC 3 times, I disabled Voltage to 0 and stress test the GPU with Furmark Donut 6500 mb for 1 hour and now it doesn't crash anymore, I'm just worried my GPU has been permanetly damaged, my TEMPS during stress test is 75C. Please reply I have anxiety and OCD, I feel horrible, I saved so much to buy this GPU.

AdrianTheHumble

Commendable
Jan 4, 2020
I've disabled the voltage in MSI afterburner, I've done a 2 hour stress test using MSI kombustor furmark donut 6500 MB and the temps were 75 c and it hasn't crashed, so i would assume my gpu is fine, do u guys know any free extreme stress tests app for my GPU?

AdrianTheHumble

Commendable
Jan 4, 2020
Furmark is pretty extreme. If it keeps your GPU at 95-100% utilization then that's the best you're gonna get.
Also note, continued stress testing can also lead to premature GPU failure - stop testing it and just enjoy your card. ;)
Hi i stressed tested for 2 hours straight with furmark donut 6500 mb the temps were 75 c and 96% GPU usage, I would like to assume my GPU is fine? It never crashed BTW, What's your opinion is my GPU fine or not? Also u have a vega 64, is AMD reliable? I thought of buying a 6800 XT but I was concerned about reliability in terms of hardware and drivers, I bought my 3070 for $950 here in India, all the Indian websites are selling between $900-$950

Hi i stressed tested for 2 hours straight with furmark donut 6500 mb the temps were 75 c and 96% GPU usage, I would like to assume my GPU is fine? It never crashed BTW, What's your opinion is my GPU fine or not? Also u have a vega 64, is AMD reliable? I thought of buying a 6800 XT but I was concerned about reliability in terms of hardware and drivers, I bought my 3070 for $950 here in India, all the Indian websites are selling between $900-$950
My opinion - GPU is fine.
My opinion - AMD is fine. What makes you concerned about the reliability of hardware and drivers?

Reactions: AdrianTheHumble