Question RTX 3070 + Ryzen 9 5900X underperforming. Can anyone tell me why?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
If you looked at the TechPowerUp link I provided earlier, you'd see that the cores' max frequencies scale depending on how many of them are active at any time.
It should be able to do ~4.5ghz when all cores are active, with frequency going up from there as core activity decreases. 12 cores active, Cyberpunk does not do, so turbo clocks would be higher than that, but if they're set to not go over 4.2ghz...

The base clock being run at 4.2ghz is some setting...

@kurdtnz , does RM override settings like Intel XTU? Would uninstalling it be necessary?

Reactions: kurdtnz

thexyad

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2012
If you looked at the TechPowerUp link I provided earlier, you'd see that the cores' max frequencies scale depending on how many of them are active at any time.
It should be able to do ~4.5ghz when all cores are active, with frequency going up from there as core activity decreases. 12 cores active, Cyberpunk does not do, so turbo clocks would be higher than that, but if they're set to not go over 4.2ghz...

@kurdtnz , does RM override settings like Intel XTU? Would uninstalling it be necessary?
I found a different forum where someone posted that the Asus Optimal setting in BIOS did this so I'll change it tomorrow back to default in BIOS and report back.

kurdtnz

Estimable

To be honest, Im not too sure as I havnt used RM for a while? I think I was having an issue with it so uninstalled but I think it can override some settings.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS