[SOLVED] RTX 3070 Ti and 760W PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 30, 2021
Hi,
I'm planning to buy Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Aorus Master 8GB OC(or any 3070 Ti) which has recommended PSU 850 W. Currently I have Fractal Design Ion+ 760W Modular 80+ Platinum and my question is : do I have to buy a new one as recommended or this should be enough?

the rest of my PC are : Ryzen 5600x, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC ,Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 , Patriot Viper Steel 16GB (2x 8GB) 3600MHz DDR4 ,Be Quiet! Pure Base 500DX Case

Solution
So here the deal :

I have my card, arrived today. I connected it and nothing happened after pressing power button. It has 22 pins, and I connected it with two cables before I did some research that I should use three cable, one for each group of pins which are 8, 8, and 6. After that PC started as usual but I noticed that GPU fans are not spinning at all, don't know if it's normal or not to be honest. Despite this I run very first game i have, and it crashed after 5 min. I turn off PC and since then its like on the beginning, cannot turn on again. Any clues what's wrong? What did I mess up?
Are you getting POST beep???
Go through this checklist and make sure you follow all the steps...
Jun 30, 2021
So here the deal :

I have my card, arrived today. I connected it and nothing happened after pressing power button. It has 22 pins, and I connected it with two cables before I did some research that I should use three cable, one for each group of pins which are 8, 8, and 6. After that PC started as usual but I noticed that GPU fans are not spinning at all, don't know if it's normal or not to be honest. Despite this I run very first game i have, and it crashed after 5 min. I turn off PC and since then its like on the beginning, cannot turn on again. Any clues what's wrong? What did I mess up?

So here the deal :

Are you getting POST beep???
Go through this checklist and make sure you follow all the steps...

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.