Question RTX 3070 Ti red light and BIOS does not recognize card

Mar 26, 2022
Hello. I recently bought a prebuilt PC (yes I know that’s not ideal and I’m experiencing the consequences), and I’ve been having issues with getting my GPU to work. Before I go on about my problems, here is what I have.
GIGABYTE Z690 UD AX DDR4
Intel Core Processor i7-12700K
32GB (16GBx2) DDR4/3200MHz RAM
800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Gold PSU
1TB WD Blue SN570 PCIe NVMe + 4TB SATA III
Windows 11

My computer also came with a GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti and I have been having a lot of issues with that card. I've gotten two so far, the first one my monitor would not display and there was a VGA light on my motherboard. I talked to the seller's tech support and they said the card was a dud and I had to RMA it. While waiting, my buddy let me use his 2070 Super for a while and that ran perfectly on my system. Fast forward a couple weeks I received my replacement card, put it in, and now there is a red light on the GIGABYTE logo on my GPU, the fans won't start, and my computer won't even recognize the card in BIOS. There's no light on the motherboard and I most definitely have enough power to run the card. I've done everything, reseated the card, checked cables, checked the pci slots for damage, checked the power cables on the GPU. I contacted tech support again and they suggested I RMA the card AGAIN but before I send it back I just wanted to check with the community incase there is something else I missed here. I've tried reinstalling the driver incase that does something and I cant get a game ready driver from GeForce without a GPU being detected. I've also dug around in BIOS to see if I can get the computer to read the card but nothing shows up in any of the pcie settings, it just does not read my card.

Mar 26, 2022
As JohnBonhamsGhost has said, the likely culprit is the PSU, from what I can make out, Apevia PSU's dont have a great reputation.

i understand. It’s a prebuilt so of course they’d cheap out on a PSU lol. I’m looking at getting a Corsair RM850x 80 plus gold, do you think this would work better? I mean anything other than the Apevia should do it, right? Lol

Reactions: kurdtnz
I’m looking at getting a Corsair RM850x
the RMx models are fairly high rated so there should be no negative aspect as to changing over to that series.
anything other than the Apevia should do it, right?
no.
there are VERY MANY low quality units produced by very many companies.

you would need to research and verify the quality of any unit you choose.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS