Question RTX 3070 ti vs RX 6700 XT

shad0wboss

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
Hey guys, I am having a deal where a 3070ti is costing me as much as 6700 xt in the local market. Benchmarks show that 3070ti is superior and being an Nvidia card, i prefer that more as I haven’t had great software experiences with my last amd card (RX 580). I am only concerned about the vram because some benchmarks (like resident evil 4) shows that 8GB on 3070 is too low. Is that true? Would that 8GB ram cause problems in the future compared to the 6700 XT’s 12 gigs? Or in this range, it doesn’t matter? I will be gaming on 1440p

What do you guys think?

RTX 3070 TI
RX 6700 XT

Last edited:

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
8 gb vram is plenty if you don't suffer from FOMO. from what i am reading, the concern is that 8gb vram can be limiting if you insist on checking every box in a game. if you can handle something below super ultra mega mode, then it would be fine.

at 1440p you'll see a small increase over the 6700 xt, but at 1080p they'll both be more than enough.

really up to you what you prefer. i just bought a 6750 xt over the competing nvidia choices, but i'm sure many would go the other way for the same money.

There's no question that you should get the RTX 3070 Ti. That card is normally $175 more expensive than the RX 6700 XT and is a whopping 23% faster. If you're getting it for the same price, either it's an absolute steal or the RX 6700 XT is a complete rip-off where you are.

If I may ask, what country are you in and how much are you getting it for? I'd like to make sure that you're getting a good deal because this seems too good to be true. When something seems too good to be true, I get very suspicious.

Reactions: shad0wboss

shad0wboss

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
8 gb vram is plenty if you don't suffer from FOMO. from what i am reading, the concern is that 8gb vram can be limiting if you insist on checking every box in a game. if you can handle something below super ultra mega mode, then it would be fine.

at 1440p you'll see a small increase over the 6700 xt, but at 1080p they'll both be more than enough.

really up to you what you prefer. i just bought a 6750 xt over the competing nvidia choices, but i'm sure many would go the other way for the same money.

What if I want to keep the same card for the next 3-5 years? I already see newer titles having issues with 8GB but at the same time I cannot imagine Nvidia making 8gb cards even in 2023, as a mistake.

There's no question that you should get the RTX 3070 Ti. That card is normally $175 more expensive than the RX 6700 XT and is a whopping 23% faster. If you're getting it for the same price, either it's an absolute steal or the RX 6700 XT is a complete rip-off where you are.

If I may ask, what country are you in and how much are you getting it for? I'd like to make sure that you're getting a good deal because this seems too good to be true. When something seems too good to be true, I get very suspicious.

3070 ti is used and tested and is being sold by a well reputed electronics chain here. Supposedly, someone bought it, opened it and then returned it so they price has dropped because of the “opened” package, however it still comes with a standard 2-year warranty. I am from Switzerland. I have put the links in the description

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
no one can say what will be required in 3-5 years. normally as a card ages you have to slowly lower the settings to keep up with newer games. i'd assume it would be the same with these cards as well.

this is fine for many of us, but the FOMO box checkers will upgrade way more often than the rest of us, so they can keep everything at max settings. if that's your thing, fine go for it. if you can handle reduced settings now and in the future, you can hold on to a card much longer. you just have to decide what you want out of the game and go from there. i buy better than i need most of the time and let whatever game i play set itself. i can't even tell you what settings are used in any game i play. i literally don't care and let the game decide for itself. works for me and i enjoy what i play without knowing anything about settings or what fps its getting.

What if I want to keep the same card for the next 3-5 years? I already see newer titles having issues with 8GB but at the same time I cannot imagine Nvidia making 8gb cards even in 2023, as a mistake.
The thing is that getting an RTX 3070 Ti for the price of an RX 6700 XT is worth it because it's a MASSIVE discount. The RTX 3070 Ti is much faster and you can turn around and sell it again if you want to. The RX 6700 XT is just its normal price and it costs more than the RTX 3070 Ti. I would take the RTX 3070 Ti and then sell it later because GeForce cards hold their value. All of the clueless noobs want only GeForce cards.
3070 ti is used and tested and is being sold by a well reputed electronics chain here. Supposedly, someone bought it, opened it and then returned it so they price has dropped because of the “opened” package, however it still comes with a standard 2-year warranty. I am from Switzerland. I have put the links in the description
I still say to get the RTX 3070 Ti. It's 23% faster than the RX 6700 XT and costs LESS! That's not a deal that you should turn down.

You made a great find and I'm happy for you. :giggle:(y)

shad0wboss

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
no one can say what will be required in 3-5 years. normally as a card ages you have to slowly lower the settings to keep up with newer games. i'd assume it would be the same with these cards as well.

this is fine for many of us, but the FOMO box checkers will upgrade way more often than the rest of us, so they can keep everything at max settings. if that's your thing, fine go for it. if you can handle reduced settings now and in the future, you can hold on to a card much longer. you just have to decide what you want out of the game and go from there. i buy better than i need most of the time and let whatever game i play set itself. i can't even tell you what settings are used in any game i play. i literally don't care and let the game decide for itself. works for me and i enjoy what i play without knowing anything about settings or what fps its getting.

No I don’t care about checking every box. I want medium/high settings so that the games look nice and can stay above 60 fps. I think I will go for 3070 ti just because it costs much more ($130 more) than what I get to pay.

However I want to know if Gigabyte or ASUS or Sapphire ones are better than the one I am buying (MANLI) because I have never heard of this

Last edited:

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
never heard of manli either. quick search shows it is a respected brand in the asian market. seems they mostly make psu's but also offer gpu's. but of course i have no personal experience with them.