Question RTX 3070 vs RTX4060 TI vs RX 6800 xt ?

Jul 3, 2023
Hello Guys,

These are the three GPUs within my budget available in our region. I want to purchase the best one for my needs. As this is my first build, I have many questions running through my mind.

I noticed that the Rx 6800 XT offers better FPS compared to the other two, but what about its ray tracing capabilities? Should I go for an RTX card specifically for ray tracing? Also, I saw that the RTX 4060ti has the DLSS 3.0 feature. Is it good? Does it worth it?

Can you guys help me to choose best one for my build ?

Thank you,

Hey there,

There are two advantages to the Radeon. Faster raster performance, and 16gb vram which will benefit higher resolution gaming. Factor in RT features and I think both the 3060ti and 4060ti beat the 6800xt in RT.

DLSS3/Frame Gen is arguably not a great tech. The frame gen in particular doesn't feel smooth when gaming, as I understand it.

I would not buy the 4060ti 8gb on principle. It's too expensive, a cut down version, that just about stays a head of the previous gen 3060ti. With the 16gb version of the 4060ti to come, that might be interesting.

Jan 15, 2023
I'm in a similar situation, but i don't care as much for raytracing. If i did, i'd save up a little more and buy the RTX 4070. Or at least i would wait for the 16GB version of the 4060 Ti, which will be available very soon (in july).

BTW, it's insane (to me) that the 6800XT costs the same as 4060 Ti. I wish that was the case here where i live.

Jul 3, 2023
Hey there,

There are two advantages to the Radeon. Faster raster performance, and 16gb vram which will benefit higher resolution gaming. Factor in RT features and I think both the 3060ti and 4060ti beat the 6800xt in RT.

DLSS3/Frame Gen is arguably not a great tech. The frame gen in particular doesn't feel smooth when gaming, as I understand it.

I would not buy the 4060ti 8gb on principle. It's too expensive, a cut down version, that just about stays a head of the previous gen 3060ti. With the 16gb version of the 4060ti to come, that might be interesting.
In here, it's common for people not to purchase AMD GPUs. Many believe that Nvidia is the superior option. However, during my research on the 6800XT, I saw lot of positive reviews and good FPS performance, surpassing that of other GPUs.

Yes I am going to wait for the release of the 4060Ti with 16GB of VRAM.
If you want ray tracing, then NVIDIA cards perform better. As far as DLSS 3.0 goes, I've only used it for Cyberpunk 2077 and Portal 2 RTX. I do think it makes a difference, but it also depends entirely on what kind of performance you're getting already.
This is my first build, so the best component I used is the GTX 1060 mobile version. I really don't want to be disappointed with my first build. XD

I'm in a similar situation, but i don't care as much for raytracing. If i did, i'd save up a little more and buy the RTX 4070. Or at least i would wait for the 16GB version of the 4060 Ti, which will be available very soon (in july).

BTW, it's insane (to me) that the 6800XT costs the same as 4060 Ti. I wish that was the case here where i live.
Yes I am also suprised. I saw that 6800XT normally cost than others.

This is my first build, so the best component I used is the GTX 1060 mobile version. I really don't want to be disappointed with my first build. XD
The only objective as possible way I can approach this is:
  • If you want more performance in rasterized games for the money, then get a 6800XT
  • If you want all the bells and whistles at the cost of some performance, get a GeForce 40 card

Reactions: nAthief