[SOLVED] Rtx 3080 59C system idle

Elad333k

Commendable
May 15, 2019
hello my evga rtx 3080 ftw ultra gaming reach 59 60c on idle on windows when everything closed any1 knows how to fix this issue?

Solution
ye the fan start spin on 60c and bios set to normal they say if i switch it off to oc mode it will spin at lower temps the problem is i dont wanna overclock my gpu
Your video card is made for that or the switch would not be their your not actually overclocking the card more or less just using it to the potential of the card.

EDIT. Just so you know making MSI afterburner active on start up uses almost 0 resources. Bunch of years building, repairing, upgrading PC's that program is my go 2. Most of the time I just set 2 points 40/50C=20% 70C = 100%. you could set the 100% to like 75/80C if you wish I just like it cooling quicker.

Elad333k

Commendable
May 15, 2019

Elad333k

Commendable
May 15, 2019
That's because the temp is sitting right at the border for the default fan profile to engage/disengage.
Want to stop that? Then create a custom curve.
i want to do that but the curve that i did work only if msi after bruner working in the background which is sucks i dont like programs that runing in the background while im playing games its also impact performance there is anyway to apply fan curve to the gpu on msiafterburner that will apply as soon as i bootup to windows without open it?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
is there anyway to apply fan curve to the gpu on msiafterburner that will apply as soon as i bootup to windows without open it?
Not that I know of.
There is an option in Afterburner to apply your custom settings upon starting Windows, but that means Afterburner is open right from the get-go.
The impact from Afterburner is minor; running Rivatuner, on the other hand, is worse.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
ye the fan start spin on 60c and bios set to normal they say if i switch it off to oc mode it will spin at lower temps the problem is i dont wanna overclock my gpu
Your video card is made for that or the switch would not be their your not actually overclocking the card more or less just using it to the potential of the card.

EDIT. Just so you know making MSI afterburner active on start up uses almost 0 resources. Bunch of years building, repairing, upgrading PC's that program is my go 2. Most of the time I just set 2 points 40/50C=20% 70C = 100%. you could set the 100% to like 75/80C if you wish I just like it cooling quicker.

Last edited:
Solution
My 1060 has that fan threshold at 40°C but that is pretty much where it idles so I had the same situation with it constantly turning on and off. I just set a custom fan curve in afterburner and set it to stay off until 45°C and everything is fine. Done that for years on my cards to keep them quiet and cool and never had any issues. Just set it to start with Windows so that it applies the custom fan curve on launch and everything is fine.
Either put the off part higher if you want it to stay passive, or put it lower if you want it to stay a bit cooler, however you like it.

If you want to have the settings to stick with the card, you would need to modify it in the card's BIOS, but since there is no BIOS editor for Pascal cards, you're out of luck with that.

Elad333k

Commendable
May 15, 2019
My 1060 has that fan threshold at 40°C but that is pretty much where it idles so I had the same situation with it constantly turning on and off. I just set a custom fan curve in afterburner and set it to stay off until 45°C and everything is fine. Done that for years on my cards to keep them quiet and cool and never had any issues. Just set it to start with Windows so that it applies the custom fan curve on launch and everything is fine.
Either put the off part higher if you want it to stay passive, or put it lower if you want it to stay a bit cooler, however you like it.

If you want to have the settings to stick with the card, you would need to modify it in the card's BIOS, but since there is no BIOS editor for Pascal cards, you're out of luck with that.
there is anyway to disable rivatuner automatic open when i launch afterburner?