News RTX 3080 and Lots of Monitors in Monday Newegg Shuffle

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
You know that nasty, skin-crawling, skeezy feeling you get when some obvious charlatan is trying to rip you off? That's the feeling I get from these "shuffles" lately.

We know you all REALLY want these 100 RTX3080 cards we have. So the only way to get one is to buy this crappy power supply you don't want nor need for $100 more than the list price to go with it. Don't like that? Well you can always get this AM4 motherboard with your 3070 for $1200!

It also seems to be mostly one video card vendor which is being offered the most and the one who has taken advantage of the chip shortage a GREAT DEAL verses other board makers. We know who and will remember. I am curious, is this a single card/combo that many thousands are trying to get or is this 20, 50, 100????
Everone forgets about covid supply disruptions, Component price hikes for cards , increased shipping costs, etc.....
The card prices are not priced by the manufacturer. All of them have stated card prices would increase for the above reasons.
The card prices you see and the bundles you see are set by the retailer not the manufacturer.
Plus we still have trumps tarriffs on video cards 25% which most distributors absorbed 12- 15% of the increase already absorbed.
We all want new toys . Especially me.
But placing ALL the blame on the manufacturer is nonsense.

It also seems to be mostly one video card vendor which is being offered the most and the one who has taken advantage of the chip shortage a GREAT DEAL verses other board makers. We know who and will remember. I am curious, is this a single card/combo that many thousands are trying to get or is this 20, 50, 100????
I'm not sure you've been following much if you think it's just one brand. I've seen a lot of Asus and Gigabyte (possibly more GB?), plus MSI, ASRock, and occasionally someone else like EVGA, Sapphire, XFX, or whatever.

The bundles are also not all terrible. Yes, they're forcing people to buy two products instead of one, but usually it's a product at a price relatively close to MSRP. A decent B550 motherboard for AMD costs $150. The extreme boards for $800 are a different matter, but the PSUs are usually within about $20 of what I'd expect to pay. I don't get why anyone would buy an extreme GPU with a B550 motherboard, though -- plus you'd then likely need a Ryzen 5000 CPU to go with it, which are often sold out.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
I don't get why anyone would buy an extreme GPU with a B550 motherboard, though -- plus you'd then likely need a Ryzen 5000 CPU to go with it, which are often sold out.
I also don't get why they bundle 550W PSU's with anything, except maybe a 3060/Ti. Today they have a 5900x bundled with a 550W PSU. Sure, that's plenty for a 5900x, but odds are the person is going to pair that with a 3070 or better GPU and you don't want a 550W PSU for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.