[SOLVED] RTX 3080 bottleneck with 9700K

itaym178

Reputable
Sep 22, 2017
hi,

before i got the 3080, i searched all over the internet to find if there is any significant bottleneck with my 9700K, and all the posts/videos i found showed that there isn't any significant bottleneck.

so, I bought the 3080 with a clean head and than I countered this -

in games like battlefield V, the cpu is almost always on 100% usage on all cores, and the 3080 stops at 70-80% usage.

so...besides upscaling(i have 2k 144HZ monitor) , is there any solution for that, like replacing to i9-9900K? (the chipest solution i found so far)

Solution
1. I have 16gb 3200mhz and the clock speed for thr cpu in games is 4.6.

I use msi afterburner and i see all the cores on 100% ... It happens only in cpu demanding games.

I tested cod on the highest settings with rtx and got 160 fps in 2k which is very good because thecpu was on 40%

I have a 9700k as well. 4.6 GHz is the max all-core boost clock at stock settings. I was able to overclock my 9700k to 5.1 GHz on all cores using my motherboard software. I recommend that you overclock your 9700k to see if you can squeeze some more performance out of it.
hi,

before i got the 3080, i searched all over the internet to find if there is any significant bottleneck with my 9700K, and all the posts/videos i found showed that there isn't any significant bottleneck.

so, I bought the 3080 with a clean head and than I countered this -

in games like battlefield V, the cpu is almost always on 100% usage on all cores, and the 3080 stops at 70-80% usage.

so...besides upscaling(i have 2k 144HZ monitor) , is there any solution for that, like replacing to i9-9900K? (the chipest solution i found so far)

What are the specs for the rest of your build?

What fps are you usually getting in Battlefield V?

Have you overclocked your 9700k? What clock speed are you at when in-game?

itaym178

Reputable
Sep 22, 2017

I use msi afterburner and i see all the cores on 100% ... It happens only in cpu demanding games.

I tested cod on the highest settings with rtx and got 160 fps in 2k which is very good because thecpu was on 40%

I have a 9700k as well. 4.6 GHz is the max all-core boost clock at stock settings. I was able to overclock my 9700k to 5.1 GHz on all cores using my motherboard software. I recommend that you overclock your 9700k to see if you can squeeze some more performance out of it.

Solution

itaym178

Reputable
Sep 22, 2017

That's what I thought...I don't have the right cooler and I don't think my mother board is good enough to bring my cpu to 5.1, so I think it's time to upgrade

Are you comfortable overclocking the ram? You will want to get that ram speed up as far as you can, this should be a priority over getting your cpu overclocked further, but do that too. The processor is quite fast as is the gpu, getting data to and from the gpu as fast as possible is going to lead to actual results.

Depending on your motherboard, a bios may still come out allowing smart access memory for your motherboard.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjbNhCHwlBo

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS