[SOLVED] High frametime, RTX 3080 bottleneck with a Ryzen 5 1600?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiryu

Reputable
Aug 31, 2019
Hello,

i have a problem with certain in games, i get a lot of micro stutter. I have tested FFXV Benchmark, FFXV Full Game, Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3, A Plague Tale. When i get this microstutter, i don't lose FPS but i see my Frametime high (from 30 to 500). I have tested Heaven Benchark (4k no AA) and even here i have micro stutter, also i have tested Superposition (4k Optimized and 8K Optimized), no micro stutter here.

Heaven Benchmark
Nu0LgPO.png
FFXV Benchmark
EUlrswe.png

I have already done this:
  • Bios update
  • CMOS Reset
  • XMP On and Off
  • V-Sync and G-Sync, on and off
  • Fresh install of Windows 10
  • Driver video reinstalled with DDU
  • Page file enabled and disabled
PC Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 1600
MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max
Hyperx Predator 16GB 2x8 3200MHz CL16
ASUS TUF RTX 3080 Gaming
Corsair CS650M
Crucial MX500 1TB - Crucial MX500 250GB
Toshiba P300 3TB - WD 1TB
LG 27UL500 - AOC I2481FXH

Last edited:
Solution
You're being CPU bottlenecked, plain and simple.

Your first generation Ryzen CPU has a very low boost clock (only up to 3.6 GHz) and also low IPC compared to more modern Ryzen variants. Seeing as how the rest of your build looks good and a new CPU should swap into you current motherboard no problem, I'd recommend you swap your CPU out for either a Ryzen 5 3600XT, or else wait a little longer and try to get your hands on a fancy new Ryzen 5 5600X. Either of those should help smooth those micro-stutters out.
You're being CPU bottlenecked, plain and simple.

Your first generation Ryzen CPU has a very low boost clock (only up to 3.6 GHz) and also low IPC compared to more modern Ryzen variants. Seeing as how the rest of your build looks good and a new CPU should swap into you current motherboard no problem, I'd recommend you swap your CPU out for either a Ryzen 5 3600XT, or else wait a little longer and try to get your hands on a fancy new Ryzen 5 5600X. Either of those should help smooth those micro-stutters out.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS