[SOLVED] RTX 3080 Chinese

hadiahmed29

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
Hey,

So i've pre ordered my RTX 3080 from a local computer store and he said that the Europe distributor has ran out of the stock and that it will be in stock in the first week of February and i can get my Rtx 3080 tomorrow but it will be imported from china i talked about it with my friend and he made me paranoid about that don't buy it chinese products aren't reliable and all so i discussed that with my computer guy and he said that its nothing like that we have shipped a lot of 2060 in the past and they all are working fine box card will be in Chinese and the brand will be either ASUS or Gigabyte the rest will have no issue.
So i want to know your thoughts on this should i wait till February or go with this chinese one.
Thank you so much in advance

Solution
My Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC was bought in the UK from a trustworthy UK shop. Printed on the PCB that you can still seen is “Made in China”. I believe most gpu’s are made in China, where does you friend think a high quality gpu is made and can they name any models?

ROCK BAND

Prominent
Jan 25, 2020
well, i have a gtx 1650 super of colorful company which is chinese since 2 years but i never faced any problem. Just see if product has warranty or not as i had 5 years warranty.

My Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC was bought in the UK from a trustworthy UK shop. Printed on the PCB that you can still seen is “Made in China”. I believe most gpu’s are made in China, where does you friend think a high quality gpu is made and can they name any models?

Solution

poorbugger

Distinguished
Most electronics that you see are made in China anyway. The difference is just the packaging. If you buy it from a local computer store with receipt, then warranty can be claimed from them. If you bought the chinese box from private seller then chances are there's no warranty. But otherwise, i wouldn't worry about it.

hadiahmed29

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
Most electronics that you see are made in China anyway. The difference is just the packaging. If you buy it from a local computer store with receipt, then warranty can be claimed from them. If you bought the chinese box from private seller then chances are there's no warranty. But otherwise, i wouldn't worry about it.

Thank you for the response

Yeah i make sure its all warranted and stuff but im concerned about what if it burns because burned GPU's aren't covered under warranty.

hadiahmed29

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
Thank you for the response
Yeah i make sure its all warranted and stuff but im concerned about what if it burns because burned GPU's aren't covered under warranty.

hadiahmed29

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
What do you mean burned? If the gpu fails it’s covered under warranty. If you have a high quality psu with good warranty your system is covered if the psu fails and kills the gpu.

Actually 5 years back i got myself Gtx 650 and it burned after a week but that was due to low quality PSU as i didn't knew much about PC back then but im getting Corsair RM850x for Rtx 3080 so i guess it's more than enough but yeah i don't wanna take chances with with my Gpu being of low quality.

hadiahmed29

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
Usually they wont burn unless you overclock it recklessly. If they do burn anyway and you have a good psu, then the gpu is faulty.

I don't plan on overclocking it and i'm getting Corsair RM850x for it so i guess it's more than enough for it but the stores here don't claim and responsibility if the Gpu gets burned thats the issues so im only worried about it.

Actually 5 years back i got myself Gtx 650 and it burned after a week but that was due to low quality PSU as i didn't knew much about PC back then but im getting Corsair RM850x for Rtx 3080 so i guess it's more than enough but yeah i don't wanna take chances with with my Gpu being of low quality.
If that happened with the RM850x (unlikely) you would claim off the PSU’s warranty. Part of buying a high quality psu from a reputable brand is having your system protected by the warranty.