Question RTX 3080 EVGA FTW3 Ultra

Jul 11, 2022
Please keep it to 1 thread
I have a RTX 3080 EVGA FTW3 Ultra and whenever I turn the fans to around 85% it makes some weird noise, it sounds like coil whine but I’m not sure. I just wanted to know if this was normal behavior, if it goes below 85% it stops and if it goes above 85% it stops, so it’s only at around 85% on the fan speed when it does it. Also the temps get up to 82-87 degrees Celsius under load and I wanted to know if that was normal for these cards.

I have a RTX 3080 EVGA FTW3 Ultra and whenever I turn the fans to around 85% it makes some weird noise, it sounds like coil whine but I’m not sure. I just wanted to know if this was normal behavior, if it goes below 85% it stops and if it goes above 85% it stops, so it’s only at around 85% on the fan speed when it does it. Also the temps get up to 82-87 degrees Celsius under load and I wanted to know if that was normal for these cards.
You could be having an issue with just a noisy fan. Can you record the sound and post it somewhere we can get to it?

Jul 11, 2022
You could be having an issue with just a noisy fan. Can you record the sound and post it somewhere we can get to it?
I’m at work right now so I’ll have to wait until I get back, but do you think that a noisy fan is all it is considering it’s only when I adjust the fans? It’s just kind of unsettling with how expensive the card was.