[SOLVED] Rtx 3080 FE Vram temps

MrLucic

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2015
Hi guys am i safe with these temps i was gaming cyberpunk with 98% load on gpu for an hour.
Gpu Temp 77.5c
Gpu Memory Junction 100c
Gpu Hot Spot 89c
Gpu fan speed is at around 1950 RPM or 55%

Should i be worried about memory junction it didn't go above 102c

Solution
Hello! Seems to run kinda hot, but those temps are on the safe side. What case are you using? How good it is your airflow? (Fans and how many). You can also try to undervolt the card to see if you have some improve there. I have an 3080ti ftw undervolted and the power draw is lower and so the temps.

Edit: I was searching and the 3080 FE seems to be hotest in terms of memory temps, so should be fine. The card itself will regulate the clocks of the memory in case of reaching more alarming temps like 110Cº. Try to improve the airflow to the card if you can.

JaAntonio

Honorable
BANNED
Nov 13, 2019
Hello! Seems to run kinda hot, but those temps are on the safe side. What case are you using? How good it is your airflow? (Fans and how many). You can also try to undervolt the card to see if you have some improve there. I have an 3080ti ftw undervolted and the power draw is lower and so the temps.

Edit: I was searching and the 3080 FE seems to be hotest in terms of memory temps, so should be fine. The card itself will regulate the clocks of the memory in case of reaching more alarming temps like 110Cº. Try to improve the airflow to the card if you can.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrLucic
Solution

MrLucic

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2015

Hi thanks for helping out
Case is NZXT H7 standard version its stock for now with just two fans one at back and one in front i plan to add 360mm AIO probably nzxt x73 i will mount it at top and i will probably add two more fans to the case.
Do you think that will solve the problem?

JaAntonio

Honorable
BANNED
Nov 13, 2019
Hi thanks for helping out
Case is NZXT H7 standard version its stock for now with just two fans one at back and one in front i plan to add 360mm AIO probably nzxt x73 i will mount it at top and i will probably add two more fans to the case.
Do you think that will solve the problem?
Yes. Assuming for what are you saying you are using a tower style cooler so the AIO on top and the fans i think will help with your FE temps. If you are ok with getting this parts go ahead :). Only if you consider the AIO neccesary for your usage on your CPU. Fans for sure are always a good buy.
Here you have some info about the incident with high temps on memory on the FE card:

MrLucic

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2015
Yes. Assuming for what are you saying you are using a tower style cooler so the AIO on top and the fans i think will help with your FE temps. If you are ok with getting this parts go ahead :). Only if you consider the AIO neccesary for your usage on your CPU. Fans for sure are always a good buy.
Here you have some info about the incident with high temps on memory on the FE card:
I am getting AIO mostly for aesthetic, surely it will cool cpu much better than my freezer 34 esports duo but it will probably help gpu cool a bit more.
If i am guessing right this guy from blog said that everything is fine with memory temp, memory will automatically throttle itself to cool a bit? 110c is limit

JaAntonio

Honorable
BANNED
Nov 13, 2019
I am getting AIO mostly for aesthetic, surely it will cool cpu much better than my freezer 34 esports duo but it will probably help gpu cool a bit more.
If i am guessing right this guy from blog said that everything is fine with memory temp, memory will automatically throttle itself to cool a bit? 110c is limit
Yes it will throttle if reach critical temps, changing the cooler may get lower temps on the rtx.