Question RTX 3080 or RTX 3070ti

Hxrdy256

Prominent
May 11, 2021
I am looking to buy a RTX 3080 founders edition or the RTX 3070ti founders edition. The official Nvidia website has the 3070ti in stock but not the 3080 however StockX has the 3080. Money isn't an issue here but just need help deciding to go for the 3080 or the 3070ti.

KyaraM

Admirable
Does it have to be the FE? Partner cards usually have better and especially quieter cooling, so if money is no issue, I don't really know why you would want an FE. That said, what do you want to do with the card? What resolution do you want to play at? What is the rest of your system? Personally, I have a 3070Ti from Gainward and am quite happy with it even though it's not the most efficient card at stock, I find it plenty strong for 1440p. The 3080 is a couple percent better, of course. I would say it's your call.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

Hxrdy256

Prominent
May 11, 2021
Does it have to be the FE? Partner cards usually have better and especially quieter cooling, so if money is no issue, I don't really know why you would want an FE. That said, what do you want to do with the card? What resolution do you want to play at? What is the rest of your system? Personally, I have a 3070Ti from Gainward and am quite happy with it even though it's not the most efficient card at stock, I find it plenty strong for 1440p. The 3080 is a couple percent better, of course. I would say it's your call.
I am planning on playing games like Elden Ring and Cyberpunk at 1440p. The reason I was looking at the founders cards to be honest was cause they look so good and would fit the aesthetic of my build. The rest of my build is:
I5-11600k
Noctua NH-D15s
Asus Tuf B560M
G.Skill 2x16GB 3600mhz
WD SN850 2TB
RM 850x

I am planning on playing games like Elden Ring and Cyberpunk at 1440p. The reason I was looking at the founders cards to be honest was cause they look so good and would fit the aesthetic of my build. The rest of my build is:
I5-11600k
Noctua NH-D15s
Asus Tuf B560M
G.Skill 2x16GB 3600mhz
WD SN850 2TB
RM 850x
I like the build.
Looks count; buy what appeals to you.

From a performance point of view, the 3080 is a bit stronger.

Reactions: KyaraM

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Does it have to be the FE? Partner cards usually have better and especially quieter cooling, so if money is no issue, I don't really know why you would want an FE.
The FE's design is more efficient than most partner cards. Granted, it doesn't cool as well as a number of them.
Water block compatibility is much better - if someone wanted to go that route.