Question RTX 3080 Performance Limit - Thermal YES

Jul 11, 2022
So I just recently got the Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC and I've been monitoring HWINFO and every now and then the Performance Limit - Thermal will trigger YES, but it only does it for a split second. I've been monitoring all gpu temps along with it and everything stays way below the threshold of what could cause thermal throttling, so I don't think heat is the issue. Is this just a gpu driver bug or what?

So I just recently got the Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC and I've been monitoring HWINFO and every now and then the Performance Limit - Thermal will trigger YES, but it only does it for a split second. I've been monitoring all gpu temps along with it and everything stays way below the threshold of what could cause thermal throttling, so I don't think heat is the issue. Is this just a gpu driver bug or what?
buy an intake and outtake fan

if you have them... buy more

Yeah I have like 10 fans in my case, temps were good on the gpu. But it still thermal throttled. Just got a bad gpu I guess. I ordered the EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, so hopefully that solves my problem.

Wow 10 fans.... You only need 1 fan in a case, installed in the wrong place and/or direction to make a thermal mess inside it. With 10......

Anyways, as long as you have a nice setup with correct airflow then you should be fine. Otherwise you are going to keep blaming the GPU ;).

Good luck!!!