Question RTX 3080 Poor performance compare to youtube benchmarks

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 21, 2020
So, hey guys I'm new here, pretty sure you've already seen posts like this:
I saw a few videos on YouTube showing people benchmarking their 3080 with COD MW Warzone and they got like avg of 200+ fps on FHD playing ultra settings with Raytracing and highest AA, and all that on Warzone!!
This is the link for the benchmark video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq65rrwm9_o&t=1s

So I got myself a 3080 as well, launched COD MW Multiplayer cuz I'm not a Warzone guy, and even without raytracing, I'm getting around 160-180 fps on the highest settings (FHD).

My PC specs are:
Intel 9900k (Watercooled)
750PSU - Not remember the brand, but a good one
16 GB Ram (2 Slots) Speed 3200mhz
Gigabyte 3080 Vision OC

While in-game I've checked the numbers and this is the results:
CPU 36% 3.58 GHz
Memory 11.3/15.9 GB (71%)
GPU 50% (64 C)

I've already done a clean install to the GPU drivers, checked if my windows are updated, and yeah..
I'm out of ideas, does anyone knows what can it be, please?!

Thank you, Tal.

Nov 21, 2020
An Asus X390A Prime I used last for a friend's 9700K build seemed quite conservative on clock speeds like you are seeing, and, even with MCE-enabled, I did not really see the clock speeds I wanted (4.6 GHz all core for a 9700K).

Installation of Intel's XTU, configuring the tiering of desired speeds at assorted core loadings, removal or power/duration limits, solved all of that, whereas I never really stumbled on a magic BIOS combination of settings that would induce even the classic Intel 9700K behavior, which was 4.9 GHz for 1 or 2 cores, 4.8 GHz for 3 or 4 cores, etc...

As it was, MCE enabled and XTU with limits removed allowed all those behaviors to be achieved within a few seconds, and, still under Balanced power plan, so that under no load, the system still loafs along at 800-1200 MHz while surfing, yet ramps up to 'normal' desired all-core speeds under a load.
So you're saying I need to do changes on BIOS to crank up my CPU speed?

Nov 21, 2020
Did you install the motherboard's drivers - chipset, lan, sata, audio, etc?
OK so I found out on the bios mode that there's three options: normal, fast, and extreme modes, I was at normal mode.
So I switched to extreme mode and my cpu went up to 4800 speed but still fps was low.. So i don't really know what to do