[SOLVED] RTX 3080 Pricing

RRichards

Reputable
Jul 2, 2017
Where I am in Canada it is nearly impossible to get an RTX 3080 for retail. However, me being within a couple hours around Toronto means that If I am willing to take a bit of a drive I can get them for around $50-$150 cad ($40-$115 usd) over retail value when you take tax into account. I've been looking at all of my options and considering how no local retailers are receiving any stock it seems like that is by far the easiest option at this point. Do you think that those extra $50-$150 are worth not having to hunt around to find a 3080, or do you think that stock levels will improve to the point where with a little effort I can get a card at retail in the near future?

For some added context I sold my 1080ti a few weeks ago. So until I can get a hold of a 3080 (or if it takes long enough and they're available 6800xt) I can't play any games or use my main setup.

Solution
To be honest you should of not sold your 1080TI that quickly and most stores still are still dealing with there pre orders before they can place any in store. Keep checking websites to see if they got any in stock!

RRichards

Reputable
Jul 2, 2017
To be honest you should of not sold your 1080TI that quickly and most stores still are still dealing with there pre orders before they can place any in store. Keep checking websites to see if they got any in stock!
I sold my 1080ti when the general consensus was that the 3070 was going to be more readily available than the 3080. I was expecting the resale value to tank when that happened. In hindsight should've held on to it a bit longer, but still expecting the value to drop pretty significantly soon, especially if navi isn't impossible to get. Pretty happy with what I sold my 1080ti for though and even now I don't see them selling for what I got for mine.

RRichards

Reputable
Jul 2, 2017
"worth " is something only you can determine.
The situation in which it wouldn't be worth it for me would be if the cards were to become more readily available a couple weeks after I purchase. $50-$150 for hours of saved time isn't a big deal for me but if it comes to a point where it doesn't take that level of commitment to get a card at retail soon I'd definitely be feeling some buyer's remorse

I sold my 1080ti when the general consensus was that the 3070 was going to be more readily available than the 3080. I was expecting the resale value to tank when that happened. In hindsight should've held on to it a bit longer, but still expecting the value to drop pretty significantly soon, especially if navi isn't impossible to get. Pretty happy with what I sold my 1080ti for though and even now I don't see them selling for what I got for mine.

Just found this website dont know if there updating it or works but its an tracker thing for 3080!