Question RTX 3080+PSU Be quiet - Coil whine problem

AmirMKH

Prominent
Dec 16, 2020
I have an MSI RTX 3080 X TRIO video card. In games with a large number of fps, the video card starts to whistle. I learned that this problem occurs in many people, called "coil whine". But I listened to the sounds and noticed that the same whistling sound was being made simultaneously by my be quiet straight power 11 850 Gold power supply. If you connect the headphones to the front panel of the case, the whistle can be heard in them. If you connect the headphones to the motherboard on the back panel, then you can not hear the whistle. Someone said that it could be due to a faulty power supply. Why is the video card's whistle transmitted to the power supply? Who has the same power supply, do you have a similar problem ? Should I try replacing the power supply with another one ?

Dec 28, 2020
On 10 November I have build my new Game PC, until today i never heard any noise "coil whine" from my GPU.

Everytime I start a game it's making noise, while idle it's quiet. I checked HWMonitor and when the GPU is 0,725 V it's quiet, when it goes to 1,050 V it's making noise "coil whine".

I installed a new monitor today (MSI Optix MAG272QP) but i don't think that's the problem because i already checked playing games without the new monitor plugged in.

Specs:

CPU:
Intel Core i7 10700K
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2060 VENTUS XS 6G OC
RAM: Corsair DDR4 Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8GB 3600
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
PSU: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W
Cooler: Noctue NH-U12S
Storage: Samung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

I got the same problem as AmirMKH, I hope someone can explain the problem and if it's fixable.