Dec 13, 2016
Hello,

Im very unhappy with the performance of the PC ive build
The specs are:
GPU: msi geforce rtx 3080 gaming trio
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 3200MHz 16GB
MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming Plus
PSU Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 750W (Not the best one buts thats what i got in the boundle)
Im getting something around 90 to 120 FPS in warzone and between 40 to 90 in new world in 1080p while the load of both CPU and GPU doesnt go over 30-45%.
My guildmates gets double the frames in new world and at least 30fps more in warzone with mutch weaker builds. I have checked all the windows power options and nvidia options, updated to the newest non beta bios, clean istntaled windows like 3 times, tried DDU'ing the gpu drivers and tried almost all the possible solutions i found on the internet. My score on the 3dmark benchmark is 16237 which is a litle below the avrage and i dont know why im having this issue. Iv seen that a lot of people have the same problem. I was trying to overclock the rams from 3200hz to 3400 but that didnt help as well. I was wondering if this is a CPU or RAM bottleneck but i dont know how to check it to be 100% sure.

Voltages and temps
3dmark benchmark

Last edited:
It was one of the first things i tried to do, it didnt help :( And Warzone is not the only game that are underperforming on my PC.
I know you said you have run DDU, if my system I would also try a fresh install of Windows just to rule out a software issue.

Im yet to see an actual review prove this but there are a lot of prehospital claim an inadequate psu can limit performance. Your psu is well below the quality normally recommended for a 3080.

I know you said you have run DDU, if my system I would also try a fresh install of Windows just to rule out a software issue.

Im yet to see an actual review prove this but there are a lot of prehospital claim an inadequate psu can limit performance. Your psu is well below the quality normally recommended for a 3080.
The last time I made this claim based on my own anecdotal experience I was lambasted by a moderator who said that it was impossible for that to be the case.

The last time I made this claim based on my own anecdotal experience I was lambasted by a moderator who said that it was impossible for that to be the case.
I’m of the opinion it doesn’t impact performance but I’ve never seen and article or review prove it one way or another. I might believe modern gpu’s can throttle as I know some do have warning LED’s to signal a power problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.