[SOLVED] RTX 3080 Suprim - Error Code 43

adandd44

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
Hi there!

I just got my rtx 3080 today, and I've been facing some issues with the error code 43 from device manager under device manager -> display adapters. I looked through some of the previous forum posts but nothing has seemed to have worked for me and here is the things that I have tried.

- Using an old gpu (gtx 970, works fine and doesn't have any errors)

- With the old gpu, using DDU and shutting down the PC

- Installing the newest drivers for both my AMD 5950x and for the graphics card

- Disabling then restarting, and then reenabling the graphics card via device manager

Any help would be appreciated, one thing I would like to note is that whenever we plug/unplug a monitor it seems to recognise that it has been unplugged, and will mention "cable not connected" but as soon as it is plugged back in, it searches for the devices again and nothing happens.

Here are a couple of images i've managed to take via my virtual desktop provided by google rdc

View: https://imgur.com/a/AUUE8hp

and to note as well** when i install the 3080 driver, it does in fact say that the device is working correctly. but no display or anything occurs, and when restarting, it shows the error in device manager again.
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Hi there, thank you very much for your response. Unfortunately not, the lights on the side of the card illuminate and the computer posted to windows. But I was not able to get any display from my monitor, the only way I was able to see anything was by using the aforementioned method of navigating my pc via chrome remote desktop. Also to mention even after having installing the rtx 3080 drivers (when the 3080 is in the pc), and swapping back to the 970, I am still able to see my monitors display then.
So you never get a display from the 3080?

EDIT what power supply and how did you get the GPUZ screen shot of the card without the card working?

EDIT again missed the remote desktop thing.
Try the card in another PC either one of...

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi there!

I just got my rtx 3080 today, and I've been facing some issues with the error code 43 from device manager under device manager -> display adapters. I looked through some of the previous forum posts but nothing has seemed to have worked for me and here is the things that I have tried.

- Using an old gpu (gtx 970, works fine and doesn't have any errors)

- With the old gpu, using DDU and shutting down the PC

- Installing the newest drivers for both my AMD 5950x and for the graphics card

- Disabling then restarting, and then reenabling the graphics card via device manager

Any help would be appreciated, one thing I would like to note is that whenever we plug/unplug a monitor it seems to recognise that it has been unplugged, and will mention "cable not connected" but as soon as it is plugged back in, it searches for the devices again and nothing happens.

Here are a couple of images i've managed to take via my virtual desktop provided by google rdc

View: https://imgur.com/a/AUUE8hp

and to note as well** when i install the 3080 driver, it does in fact say that the device is working correctly. but no display or anything occurs, and when restarting, it shows the error in device manager again.
Thank you.
Did the card display work before you installed the driver. The card should display on the monitor without a driver installed.

If so put the 970 back in uninstall the driver then put the 3080 back in to make sure it's working. When you install the driver for the 3080 don't use the latest driver I have seen problems with it.

adandd44

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
Did the card display work before you installed the driver. The card should display on the monitor without a driver installed.

If so put the 970 back in uninstall the driver then put the 3080 back in to make sure it's working. When you install the driver for the 3080 don't use the latest driver I have seen problems with it.

Hi there, thank you very much for your response. Unfortunately not, the lights on the side of the card illuminate and the computer posted to windows. But I was not able to get any display from my monitor, the only way I was able to see anything was by using the aforementioned method of navigating my pc via chrome remote desktop. Also to mention even after having installing the rtx 3080 drivers (when the 3080 is in the pc), and swapping back to the 970, I am still able to see my monitors display then.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
So you never get a display from the 3080?

EDIT what power supply and how did you get the GPUZ screen shot of the card without the card working?

EDIT again missed the remote desktop thing.
Try the card in another PC either one of yours or a friends make sure it has a good enough PSU to power the card but for right now it looks like a bad card.

Last edited:
Solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
GPU-Z seems to be unable to determine the vBIOS version on the card or the vendor.

Where did the card come from? If it is a used mining card, or used at all, it may have a custom BIOS loaded. Could just be a matter of flashing the latest manufacturer vBIOS to it.

adandd44

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
The picture of gpu-z says it's running the pcie lane not at 4.0 but much lower at 1.1, what pcie slot is used?

What motherboard? Does it have the latest bios?
Hi there, thanks for the response.
I’m using the 1st pcie slot on my ASUS Crosshair XIII Hero motherboard (PCIE16_1 afaik) , I unfortunately have packed my PC away and am taking it to the vendor from where I got my graphics card from, who offered to help diagnose what the issues could be with the computer. However I will definitely mention this to them tomorrow. It’s very peculiar that it would be running that slow, I did change in my bios to ensure that instead of the pcie lane running from Auto it would run in Gen 3 instead. However this did not make any difference.

adandd44

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
GPU-Z seems to be unable to determine the vBIOS version on the card or the vendor.

Where did the card come from? If it is a used mining card, or used at all, it may have a custom BIOS loaded. Could just be a matter of flashing the latest manufacturer vBIOS to it.
Hi there, thanks so much for your help. The graphics card is as far as I understand it completely new. The vendor I bought it from was a UK website that seems to be pretty reputable, and the card did not appear to be damaged or have any signs of being used. As mentioned in another thread unfortunately I have packed my PC up and will be going to get it checked at by the vendor who offered to be of assistance. I will make sure to mention what you have said and I will keep posted to report what the solution was.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
I’m using the 1st pcie slot on my ASUS Crosshair XIII Hero motherboard
Google this and look at an Intel motherboard when you use an AMD cpu. Just saying this so can't say anything about bios related stuff. Guess by checking you have the "ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero" which is X570. Pretty recent bios,
"Version 3601 from 2021/06/16".

I unfortunately have packed my PC away and am taking it to the vendor from where I got my graphics card from, who offered to help diagnose what the issues could be with the computer.
That is fine, hope they can help you to get this resolved.

It is normal for PCIe devices to run at lower speeds when not in use. It is a power saving measure.
Not really look at gpu-z much so this never stood out to me.

adandd44

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
Hi everyone,

Unfortunately I just had very bad luck, after waiting around 9 months for a card and finally getting the one I wanted, this card in particular was dead out of the box. Which was confirmed by the vendor after taking both the computer I built and the graphics card back to their store. They weren't sure exactly on what was the reason but from my assumption after searching around a bit is that it could be a bad memory module. I was able to get it swapped for an added fee and got a Palit 3080 Ti GameRock instead.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Reactions: Vic 40