Sep 27, 2024
Hi

My Current Build is:
Ryzen 7 5700x
RTX 3080 Zotac Trinity with undervolt
165hz monitor
32gb RAM DDR4
Over the last week, I've been playing Marvel Spiderman with no issues but today while playing I noticed My FPS dropped and got an average of 70-85 (i usually play between 100 -120 ultra setting with Ray Tracking) I decided to check with Afterburner what was going on. I noticed My GPU was running an investable usage between 50%-70% and a Maximum Temp of 60°C, I think the issue comes with the GPU Temp as on the previous days it was running at 99% usage with a Maximum of 80°C, but now no matter what I play it doesn't get over 60°C,
I already check the NVIdia and Windows power control for consumption but everything is set for the Best performance
I also check the MSI afterburner powerlimit and returned the setting to default with no undervolt and the issue persist, it seems it only happens while gaming or doing something that is not a benchmark, because when I ran the Furmark it ran at a maximum of 98% with 70°C, Highest tempt of 75°C
Do you have any ideas on what is causing the thermal limit and how to fix it?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

If the rest of your specs didn't change since your anomaly with your frames, then I'd look inot running DDU. Use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode, then manually reinstall with the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Sep 27, 2024
Hey there,

Download/Run GPU-z Look at the sensors and notice the hotspot value when you are in game (you can alt-tab out of the game to check the hotspot temp).

Is your ram running in XMP? WHat temps/usage is your CPU getting to when gaming?
Hi, yes, I already did the GPU-z at based on the sensors the Hot Spot is 80°,
Yes the RAM is running with the XMP mode unless Windows updated my Bios Adjusments,
The CPU doesn't use more than 15-20% and its temps are always lower than 50°c

The Game was running normally before yesterday with no throttle at all, so I think Windows updated messed something with my bios

Hi, yes, I already did the GPU-z at based on the sensors the Hot Spot is 80°,
Yes the RAM is running with the XMP mode unless Windows updated my Bios Adjusments,
The CPU doesn't use more than 15-20% and its temps are always lower than 50°c

The Game was running normally before yesterday with no throttle at all, so I think Windows updated messed something with my bios
What power plan are you running in windows? Try running in high performance profile or balanced. Switch between them and see if there's any difference.