Question rtx 3080 ti power limited\

Feb 9, 2022
was trying to get more performance out of my gpu with over clocking but i am having an issue with being power limited i have an rtx 3080 ti from evga ftw3

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You need to provide more information.
1)What temperatures are being observed during testing?
-gpu core
-gpu hot spot
-memory junction
EVGA's Precision X or HWINFO should tell you these.

2)How much power is the card drawing under loads?

3)Power supply make and model - not '1000w Corsair', for example, which is a common response when requested.
'Corsair HX1000 Platinum', is how it should look.

4)Are you using 3 separate PCIe cables into the gpu?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
With the default BIOS I think it stops at 350W and there is an OC BIOS switch. Lets you use EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner to move the power slider to 113%.

Haven't actually messed with it myself, don't really have the need to push it to the max at the moment.

If by "power limited" you're seeing the performance cap reason as power, the board is hitting the limit at which it will draw power. It will not overclock itself further because doing so will exceed the limit it's set to.

You can increase this using EVGA Precision X or MSI Afterburner, but setting an increase requires the app running; the card does not save any settings you input in those apps. If you're still running into power as the performance cap reason, there's not really much else you can do.

Note that performance cap reason does not mean your card is faulty, has problems, or whatever. It just means your card will not boost further. You will always have a performance cap reason.