[SOLVED] RTX 3080 Ti suitable to watch 4k videos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 16, 2022
Hello guys,

I have a short simple question for you. I want to build a PC with an RTX 3080 Ti to watch 4k videos with a VERY HIGH frame rate (We are talking about a frame rate of 300) and my question is will the GPU be able to produce those 300 frames per second for 4k content?

twarren_20210601_4611_0001.0.jpg

Peace and love,
Jonathan

May 16, 2022
A 750ti is suitable to watch 4K videos. 300 frames is totally meaningless to human perception beyond bragging rights and gaming marketing. If you just want to burn money I will be glad to send you my Paypal and fund working on my Audi....

Yes it is perceptible to human eye. If it wasn't the case, gamers wouldn't buy 240hz monitors. Forget about ''the human eye can only detect up to 60 fps'' nonsense. If it was right, hundreds of thousands of humans would not complain about 60fps being too slow.

Thanks but my question is still not answered.

Last edited:
May 16, 2022
A 750ti is suitable to watch 4K videos. 300 frames is totally meaningless to human perception beyond bragging rights and gaming marketing. If you just want to burn money I will be glad to send you my Paypal and fund working on my Audi....

Just one more thing. The human eye can physiologically detect up to 1000 frames per second. Now, it is true that most humans do not have a brain capable of picking up high frequencies but not everybody is like you. I. CAN. SEE. THE. DIFFERENCE.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Just one more thing. The human eye can physiologically detect up to 1000 frames per second. Now, it is true that most humans do not have a brain capable of picking up high frequencies but not everybody is like you. I. CAN. SEE. THE. DIFFERENCE.

I call BS on that, but will handily take your downvotes in return. You are dreaming. But, hey, it's your money. Spend it how you want.

Reactions: King_V and DRagor
May 16, 2022
I call BS on that, but will handily take your downvotes in return. You are dreaming. But, hey, it's your money. Spend it how you want.

People like you that are just happy with ignoring proven scientific facts can never be corrected or helped. If delusions and belief in lies is your way, then it is your issue. Have a good day and delete your answers full of nonsense please. We don't need hateful folks spreading their ignorance and bitterness all over the place here. Thanks again!

USAFRet

Titan
Yes it is perceptible to human eye. If it wasn't the case, gamers wouldn't buy 240hz monitors. Forget about ''the human eye can only detect up to 60 fps'' nonsense. If it was right, hundreds of thousands of humans would not complain about 60fps being too slow.

Thanks but my question is still not answered.
People "complain" about 60fps, because they see the number in the top left of their screen. And they see other peoples screen showing 105fps.

Not necessarily because they can actually see the difference.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
People "complain" about 60fps, because they see the number in the top left of their screen. And they see other peoples screen showing 105fps.

Not necessarily because they can actually see the difference.

In this aspect, it's not the 60FPS, it's the frame drops. There has been an insane lot of testing done regarding this and loads of YouTubers and influencers are trying to convince people of things that simply aren't true regarding frame rate. Even outside the PC world, this argument came about in relation to (tv) monitors a couple or years ago both about frame rate as well as resolution. Fact of the matter is that @ex_bubblehead nailed it with his response.

Status
Not open for further replies.