Question RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra Driver Crashing

ohgoditschris1

Commendable
Sep 4, 2021
Ive had this issue for few months now while playing games the display driver crashes. And its not Power Supply Related because i had RM850x which i swapped out for a Seasonic GX-1000w Unit. Its like Today i was playing Forza Horizon 5 and i was on the menu checking something and the it froze and went to desktop i checked the event viewer and i said the Display Driver Crashed.

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

I Dont know what to do at this point.

Have you tried reinstalling the driver but using DDU to completely remove the current driver first? You have installed the latest driver from NVidia?
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

I would also try a fresh install of Windows. If this still doesn’t help I would contact EVGA. This could be a sign of a gpu fault and you may need to return the card under warranty.

You are not using a pcie riser cable?

ohgoditschris1

Commendable
Sep 4, 2021
Have you tried reinstalling the driver but using DDU to completely remove the current driver first? You have installed the latest driver from NVidia?
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

I would also try a fresh install of Windows. If this still doesn’t help I would contact EVGA. This could be a sign of a gpu fault and you may need to return the card under warranty.

You are not using a pcie riser cable?

i used DDU before and cleaned and updated NVIDIA Driver but that doesn't work. Im thinking about RMA the card but worried that EVGA are just gonna send me another Bad Card again. I looked up my model with GPUZ and its the "Ultra" Variant which means its factory overclocked so im seeing if its the Factory OC thats causing the problem so i put -40mhz on the core in MSI Afterburner. But it seems more like a bandage fix more than anything ;/

i used DDU before and cleaned and updated NVIDIA Driver but that doesn't work. Im thinking about RMA the card but worried that EVGA are just gonna send me another Bad Card again. I looked up my model with GPUZ and its the "Ultra" Variant which means its factory overclocked so im seeing if its the Factory OC thats causing the problem so i put -40mhz on the core in MSI Afterburner. But it seems more like a bandage fix more than anything ;/
If underclocking works then definitely contact EVGA, the card should be stable at their factory overclock.