[SOLVED] Rtx 3080

Solution
5700XT is no slouch at anything yet anyway....

Short of 4k aspirations at ultra quality at 100 Hz refresh, I'd likely be enjoying the 5700XT a while anyway...

If you do decide to go with a 3080, get one confirmed to use the correct config of the more expensive filtering capacitors, the Nvidia reference design... (Youtube/Hardware Unboxed and a few other channels have discussed the potential crashing issues at clocks at/near 2 GHz associated with the cheaper capacitors)
5700XT is no slouch at anything yet anyway....

Short of 4k aspirations at ultra quality at 100 Hz refresh, I'd likely be enjoying the 5700XT a while anyway...

If you do decide to go with a 3080, get one confirmed to use the correct config of the more expensive filtering capacitors, the Nvidia reference design... (Youtube/Hardware Unboxed and a few other channels have discussed the potential crashing issues at clocks at/near 2 GHz associated with the cheaper capacitors)

Solution

mjbn1977

Distinguished
I really think the problem is fixed. Since the Nvidia driver update many of the youtube tech channels made tests (Jayztowcents, Hardwareunboxed, Igor's Lab, Tom's Hardware has also an article about the driver change with tests) and they don't get any crashes anymore. There is also no drop in performance after the driver adjustments. It seems like it just was a very rushed release that didn't give enough time for driver optimization. I wouldn't be too worried.

Besides that, it is really hard to find 3080s right now. I had not luck so far. Got at least 7 back in stock email alerts from retailers, but by the time I make it to the site they are all gone....

eventually the rtx 3080 issue will fixed, if it havent been already, i wouldnt be scared to buy one from quality brand like Asus, msi or evga, (i dont trust gigabyte and zotac uses cheap stuff), however due to no availability anywhere you could wait for what amd unveils, I doubt it will be any better than the 3080's, perhaps close with a lower price, but who knows what could happen?

Icecole25

Reputable
Apr 9, 2019
I really think the problem is fixed. Since the Nvidia driver update many of the youtube tech channels made tests (Jayztowcents, Hardwareunboxed, Igor's Lab, Tom's Hardware has also an article about the driver change with tests) and they don't get any crashes anymore. There is also no drop in performance after the driver adjustments. It seems like it just was a very rushed release that didn't give enough time for driver optimization. I wouldn't be too worried.

Besides that, it is really hard to find 3080s right now. I had not luck so far. Got at least 7 back in stock email alerts from retailers, but by the time I make it to the site they are all gone....
Would it be worth going from 5700xt to a 2080 super?