[SOLVED] Rtx 3090 and nzxt h500 compatibility

av7

Commendable
Jan 6, 2019
I m going to buy rtx 3090 . So my question is about compatibility of-
Rtx 3090 and nzxt h500
Please share your valuable views on this issue.

Solution
It'll fit, if that's what you're asking.
Cooling is a whole other story.
3090s are between 350-450w cards(depending on model), and the H500 has both strained intake and exhaust.
Others already ran into cooling issues with 2080Tis in that chassis, and the power budget on those wasn't quite as high.
Plus, that's without taking whatever your cpu is into account.

If you're 'hellbent' on making one work in a NZXT H500, things will go more smoothly if you prioritize the larger radiator space available in the chassis for the gpu. A hybrid model like the following, for example:
EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 XC3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING
I don't believe there's any DIY hybrid solutions available for Ampere. Custom liquid? I'm not well versed there, so...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It'll fit, if that's what you're asking.
Cooling is a whole other story.
3090s are between 350-450w cards(depending on model), and the H500 has both strained intake and exhaust.
Others already ran into cooling issues with 2080Tis in that chassis, and the power budget on those wasn't quite as high.
Plus, that's without taking whatever your cpu is into account.

If you're 'hellbent' on making one work in a NZXT H500, things will go more smoothly if you prioritize the larger radiator space available in the chassis for the gpu. A hybrid model like the following, for example:
EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 XC3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING
I don't believe there's any DIY hybrid solutions available for Ampere. Custom liquid? I'm not well versed there, so I couldn't help you with it.

If you instead choose to stay the air cooled gpu route and hybrid cool the cpu instead, it won't play out as well,.
A blower card is another option, but you have to run the fan on those at high rpm for them to be effective. Unfortunately, they are fairly audible.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS