News RTX 3090 Founders Edition Looks Massive Inside This PC Case

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I don't get it.
It's 'only' 12.3" (313 mm) x 5.4" (138 mm) and 3-slot.

That's on par, or smaller than a THICC or Gaming Trio in a lot of instances.

It's maybe 1/2" taller (PCIE slot to top of card), but I suspect that's the accommodate the size of the rear fan.

It's a big card cooler, no doubt about it - but the card is still going to fit in a MeshifyC, a fairly compact ATX tower - albeit just barely.

Reactions: chickenballs
I don't get where they think it's the biggest Nvidia card ever. There are quite a few longer cards, like the MSI 1080 ti gaming Trio which is 325mm long, and while it's not as wide, it's usually the length that is the most limiting dimension for any case. Width, might be an inconvenience if you wanted to use any of those slots, but it's doable, whereas if the card is too long to fit the case and you don't have removable drive cages, too bad, so sad.

I don't get where they think it's the biggest Nvidia card ever. There are quite a few longer cards, like the MSI 1080 ti gaming Trio which is 325mm long, and while it's not as wide, it's usually the length that is the most limiting dimension for any case. Width, might be an inconvenience if you wanted to use any of those slots, but it's doable, whereas if the card is too long to fit the case and you don't have removable drive cages, too bad, so sad.
Maybe they meant an actual card built by Nvidia

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
In this case
They probably used a smaller mobo to make the gpu appear larger... which is rather misleading

They might have - but at the angle the picture is taken, it wouldn't matter.
mATX is still the same 'width', but differs in length (12" vs 9.6")... So at the angle the picture is taken, you can't see the last couple of inches of the board below the GPU anyway.

It might be there, it might not. Doesn't make any difference IMO

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
Here's a 3090 with a new Asus themed NVlink bridge connected to it.

iiwpo9r7lxk51.jpg

Wait. No, Sorry, that's an ITX motherboard, not a bridge.

They might have - but at the angle the picture is taken, it wouldn't matter.
mATX is still the same 'width', but differs in length (12" vs 9.6")... So at the angle the picture is taken, you can't see the last couple of inches of the board below the GPU anyway.

It might be there, it might not. Doesn't make any difference IMO

If they have put a Msi RTX 2080Ti Gaming X trio in that motherboard it would appear even more oversized

the MSI 2080Ti: 327mm x 140mm x 55.6mm