[SOLVED] RTX 3090 not detected in BIOS and PC won't boot ?

Feb 3, 2021
Hello everyone had an issue
Couple days ago i got a rtx 3090 and replaced the old 1080ti, and the PC is not detecting it, no image and nothing, I returned it to check at the store for issues, and the gpu worked fine for them.

I try everything that i could find on the internet, and bios resetting, other stuff, but nothing, only the CPU's iGPU starts and it all, the bios wont show that the pciex16 port in had a gpu, but the old gpu works fine...

The system is:
8700k not oc
Asus z370-a prime
32gb ram
850w psu gold
Bios PCIE detect View: https://imgur.com/a/EPKlLEW

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021
The RTX 3090 needs additional power direct from the PSU via 2 x 8-pin PCIe cables.
Have you connected them ?
3x8pin connected seperate cables from the psu
The 2x8pin work fine on the 1080ti, but 3090 wont start, maybe its a mobo problem, at the service they tested it, and stress banchmark it, and it work stable, i dont have another pc to test it in other system :(
I forgot to write, its MSI RTX 3090 Gaming Trio X with 3 8pin connectors, and i added for it another cable from the psu

Feb 3, 2021
Beats me then --- Your PSU is a good one and has ample power for that GPU.
Please wait for other helpers to chip in.
I think that the mobo is causing issues, maybe its wont want to start it, i cheked before i bought the card, and the bios is updated, and reset it, but nothing helps, i still can return the gpu, but with that, we dont have others 3000 series cards couple months