Question RTX 3090 Ti, am I undervolting correctly?

Paul Anderegg

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012
Was pretty well versed undervolting my 3080 Ti with a 366w power limit. Had it purring along just under power throttling around 1920MHz or so.

My 3090 Ti with a 450w power limit, I have no idea what I am doing. It is a FTW3 Gaming (clearly used RMA replacement from EVGA with weird Asia only RX vs KR model number) with a stock 1890MHz clock.

I have been typing a positive clock speed into the clock box of Afterburner, then going to the curve editor and lowering everything past my target voltage and pressing the checkmark. Is this the correct way? i seem to be stuck at around 1830MHz effective speeds at 0.900v banging right up to the power limit in OCCT. I see people on YouTube showing 2070MHz clocks at around 0.925v, but have no idea how their cards are getting that clock at a lot less watts than I am seeing.

Wondering what core boost I should type in to the box and what voltage should I lower after, as a starting point. Should I be so obsessed with a profile that runs at 100% GPU power in OCCT stress test without throwing power limited flags?

Paul

SomeGuyonTHW

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
Not all of 3090tis are equal, some undervolt better than the others, but here's my own piece of advice:
Your fps doesn't scale linearly with clock speed, go ahead and drop your clock speeds by another 100mhz and try to achieve 60% of GPUs max TDP under intensive stress test. you wouldn't notice the 5 fps you're losing.

Paul Anderegg

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012
I guess I am more askng if I am using OCCT and the power limit indicator correctly to determine my best undervolt, or do I just crank up the core and lower the voltage in my game until it crashes out?

Paul