News RTX 3090 Ti Hits 132MH/s in Mining With Overclocked 24Gbps GDDR6X Memory

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
That’s why I said it before that Nvidia basically introduced this 3090 Ti almost exclusively for miners. After all, this is meant to be a FHR card just like the RTX 3090. And for the price premium, this generally only appeals to miners and people running specific apps. USD 2K generally is not meant for gamers. This also explains why they delayed the release of the card at the point where mining demand is weakening. They had to release it only because they have announced it.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
That’s why I said it before that Nvidia basically introduced this 3090 Ti almost exclusively for miners. After all, this is meant to be a FHR card just like the RTX 3090. And for the price premium, this generally only appeals to miners and people running specific apps. USD 2K generally is not meant for gamers. This also explains why they delayed the release of the card at the point where mining demand is weakening. They had to release it only because they have announced it.
You must not mine, and you're wrong. The 3090ti is not an attractive card for mining which is why you can find them in stock with little effort. From the Tweaktown article:
But if you reign in the power limit to somewhere between 65-75% where the card is stable, I was getting the GPU power consumption down on the MSI RTX 3090 Ti SUPRIM X to around 340-345W and the ASUS ROG Strix LC RTX 3090 Ti OC Edition down to around 360-365W.

Like, LOW-CASPER above, I have a water cooled 3090 mining on the side. The card is consistently in the low 120's and power draw is right at 300W, which makes it more profitable than the tested 3090ti's. Cheapest 3090 on Newegg is almost $300 cheaper than the cheapest 3090Ti, which means you can add a water block to your 3090 and never have to worry about temperatures and still be cheaper than a 3090ti while being more profitable. That said, ethereum mining isn't profitable enough right now to go and buy any new GPU for that purpose.

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
You must not mine, and you're wrong. The 3090ti is not an attractive card for mining which is why you can find them in stock with little effort. From the Tweaktown article:

Like, LOW-CASPER above, I have a water cooled 3090 mining on the side. The card is consistently in the low 120's and power draw is right at 300W, which makes it more profitable than the tested 3090ti's. Cheapest 3090 on Newegg is almost $300 cheaper than the cheapest 3090Ti, which means you can add a water block to your 3090 and never have to worry about temperatures and still be cheaper than a 3090ti while being more profitable. That said, ethereum mining isn't profitable enough right now to go and buy any new GPU for that purpose.
Miners from what I know don’t water cool their GPUs. For RTX 3090, the VRAM at the rear generally is a concern due to the heat, which may also result in throttling. Moving the VRAMs to the front side solves that problem even with air cooling. In addition, it is possible that RTX 3090 may become rarer with the introduction of the RTX 3090 Ti. To me, this card is clearly targeting miners, even though its release may be untimely, i.e. at a time when mining demand is weak.