Question RTX 3090 vs RTX 3090Ti

Durwesh Naeem

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2014
Hey TH family,

i currently have a EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra which i bought second hand in late December last year from a reputable member of my local buy and sell community of pc hardware, although the card was mined for a few months. it had no issues what so ever but deep down i always feared something might happen to it, in the coming summers when temperatures drastically increase, especially where i am. So now i have pulled the trigger on a Zotac RTX 3090Ti AMP Extreme Holo which will be arriving any moment. it was used by a gamer and he bought it new. obviously it was not mined. he is also a reputable and trusted person.

my question is, i know that there is a slight bump in performance 10% as far as FPS are concerned. is there an improvement in the video recording encoder which the gpu uses to record in game videos at 4K etc via nvidia shadowplay etc

Ok makes sense, but how would it be performance wise as far as gaming is concerned at 4K
Unless you're getting the card for free, the cost of the upgrade isn't even remotely worth it, period. You won't see any discernible difference because the RTX 3090 is already very powerful. We're talking about a 12% difference here.

There is no reason at the moment to upgrade from an RTX 3090.

Durwesh Naeem

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2014
Unless you're getting the card for free, the cost of the upgrade isn't even remotely worth it, period. You won't see any discernible difference because the RTX 3090 is already very powerful. We're talking about a 12% difference here.

Ok, so i got the card last night.

The Zotac 3090Ti AMP Holo Extreme is definitely cooler both the gpu core and memory temps are significantly lower, the ambient was 35C when i took the GPUz picture after i ran unigene superposition at 8K stresstest for an hour
.The cooler on the zotac is humongous as you guys can see. On the witcher 3 there is an easy 7 to 8 FPS gain thats something on 4K.

I have never see a GPU soo huge, thank God i have a corsair 1000D super tower.

Durwesh Naeem

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2014
As far as I'm aware the Nvenc chip is dedicated and doesn't use the CUDA cores or the clock speed so the performance will be the same.

trust me I know the upgrade from a 3090 to 3090Ti seems usless but i did make a comparison video of the two in 4K, i mean you cant deny the only difference between the two is 3090Ti having higher clocks.

View: https://youtu.be/Dj_67fy7oP8

Durwesh Naeem

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2014
8 whole fps?

Your money would have been better spent on a 4090 upgrade.
actually where i am from the 4090 is insanely expensive it was more convenient to get a used 3090Ti. plus my next upgrade is probably gonna be of my cpu and mobo. i have heard the 4000 series wouldn't work as efficiently with my 9900k compared with the newer gen CPUs like 12900k or 13900k.

D

Deleted member 2838871

actually where i am from the 4090 is insanely expensive it was more convenient to get a used 3090Ti. plus my next upgrade is probably gonna be of my cpu and mobo. i have heard the 4000 series wouldn't work as efficiently with my 9900k compared with the newer gen CPUs like 12900k or 13900k.

If it costs too much that's understandable... but I've got top 1% benchmarks at 3DMark with my 11900k. You aren't as gimped as you think when you are running 4K resolution.

I saw no point in a new mobo for the 12th or 13th gen. Someone like yourself with an older CPU it makes more sense perhaps... but the 4090 is still the workhorse at 4K.

Durwesh Naeem

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2014
If it costs too much that's understandable... but I've got top 1% benchmarks at 3DMark with my 11900k. You aren't as gimped as you think when you are running 4K resolution.

I saw no point in a new mobo for the 12th or 13th gen. Someone like yourself with an older CPU it makes more sense perhaps... but the 4090 is still the workhorse at 4K.

oh i agree 4090 is very very efficient when it comes to 4K . I just think its high time i jump to the 12th or 13th gen as i have been using the 9900K since 2019.

what did you exactly mean when you said this as i didnt get it ''You aren't as gimped as you think when you are running 4K resolution.''

trust me I know the upgrade from a 3090 to 3090Ti seems usless but i did make a comparison video of the two in 4K, i mean you cant deny the only difference between the two is 3090Ti having higher clocks.

View: https://youtu.be/Dj_67fy7oP8
Yes, that's why I didn't understand you getting it. It would be like me upgrading to an RX 6950 XT from my RX 6800 XT. It wouldn't really change anything.

TRENDING THREADS