News RTX 4000 SFF Delivers RTX 3060 Ti-Like Performance At 65% Lower Power

Firestone

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2015
$1250 is not a lot of money. I spend more than that every month on beer and Starbucks and candles. Maybe I'll try getting some of these tiny graphics cards instead.

Limited to a 160-bit memory interface, the RTX 4000 SFF's 14 Gbps GDDR6 memory chips can only deliver a memory bandwidth of up to 280 GB/s.

It appears that this card has different specs, especially the bandwidth value, which is stated as 320 GB/s in some spec sheets, whereas 280 on others. I checked multiple websites/vendor sites like PNY, Leadtek, and there are conflicting bandwidth values.

I think this could be due to card using either 14 Gbps GDDR6 memory chips, or 16 Gbps. Which would give us the exact bandwidth value of 280 or 320 GB/s. Maybe there are 2 SKUs Nvidia is selling.

But I'm sure there are 2 variants in the market. Which is kind of weird, since there has been no official confirmation from NVIDIA on the usage of different memory chips.

3DNcekHKAYsPg3Fy8dhPJV-970-80.png

Here it says 280GB/s.

Last edited:

colossusrage

Prominent
Jun 8, 2022
$1250 is not a lot of money. I spend more than that every month on beer and Starbucks and candles. Maybe I'll try getting some of these tiny graphics cards instead.
If I could go without Starbucks and candles for one month I could get one, but I don't think I have the will power.

Reactions: Firestone

mikeebb

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2014
The missing point here: this could be the long-missing (since the GTX 1050ti & 1650) low-power, low-end of the current GPU line for those who can't or don't want to use the GPU as a room heater. Not clear, though, whether it in fact runs entirely from the PCIe bus, not needing a separate power connector. At 70W, it should. Unfortunately, the price is kind of ridiculous for such a GPU.

Also not clear: is this just a laptop part repackaged on a PCIe card?