Question RTX 4060 stuttering

GTX_GAMER

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2014
Hi, I am in need of some help if possible.

I have just up/down graded to an rtx 4060 from my 2060 as zotac have made a sff 4060 that can fit in my build.

The issue I am having is with intense stuttering, the fps is great but I imagine the 1% lows are horrific. I am using the same games and pretty much same settings as I was with my rtx 2060 but can not seem to get rid of the stuttering which is completely ruining gameplay.

I am on windows 10, I have just done a clean install of the latest drivers and my windows is pretty up to date. I am using hdmi for 1440 at 75hz.

My specs are

i7-7700
RTX 4060
16gb ram

I would appreciate any tips as I am abit stuck in my trouble shooting

Luke

Last edited:
4060 is much better then 2060 so you upgraded there. There may be many reasons why your computer shuttring could be that your CPU is bottlenecked and maybe you cant take full advanage because your gaming monitor is at 75hz!. Whats your modal for your montor and what is your PSU!. Also have you tried DDU

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Hey there,

Well your CPU is getting on now, and is possibly holding back the GPU. If your CPU can't send the pre-rendered frames faster the GPU will be waiting on it all the time. It's likely your 7700 is maxed out, depending on the game this would cause stuttering.

Is your ram running in xmp? What speeds?

List the rest of your PC specs, PSU, mobo, case/fans.

As above, which monitor are you using?

Have you tried gsync/freesync?

GTX_GAMER

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2014
Hi thankyou for the prompt replies,

From the xbox game bar it was saying that the cpu is around 50-60% used. But not the most ideal tool to use.

My full specs are

Windows 10 (up to date)
i7-7700
2x8gb ddr4 2400 mhz
rtx 4060
HP oem board
500w psu (aerocool) - no extensions used either
lenovo l24q-35

GTX_GAMER

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2014
Ok thankyou for the replies, would you really think that the ram speed is causing the stuttering? It has only just started and was perfect with the 2060.

Ok thankyou for the replies, would you really think that the ram speed is causing the stuttering? It has only just started and was perfect with the 2060.

Problem is that your PSU is cheap and your motherboard is cheap your cpu is ok and ram ok but your 4060 is good powerful gpu and should not really be place in cheap Components. Advice get new motherboard and PSU because would not trust new GPU in that system

GTX_GAMER

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2014
Hi everyone thankyou for the replies. The issue seems to be fixed.

The actions taken were:
Updated windows 10
CLEAN graphics card driver install from NVIDIA website
intel driver and support assistant install
Slightly reduced OC
reinstalled NVidia control panel
hp driver assistant

I was about to start buying some new components but it looks like the legendary hp pc that has been modded beyond belief, including installing a series s inside the case, lives on!!

GTX_GAMER

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2014
Problem is that your PSU is cheap and your motherboard is cheap your cpu is ok and ram ok but your 4060 is good powerful gpu and should not really be place in cheap Components. Advice get new motherboard and PSU because would not trust new GPU in that system

The actions taken were:
Updated windows 10
Slightly reduced OC
hp driver assistant

I was about to start buying some new components but it looks like the legendary hp pc that has been modded beyond belief, including installing a series s inside the case, lives on!!

GTX_GAMER

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2014
Your DDR4 looks like it’s stock IE no XMP enabled. Go into your bios and see if XMP is turned on or not

The actions taken were:
Updated windows 10
Slightly reduced OC
hp driver assistant

GTX_GAMER

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2014
Hey there,

Well your CPU is getting on now, and is possibly holding back the GPU. If your CPU can't send the pre-rendered frames faster the GPU will be waiting on it all the time. It's likely your 7700 is maxed out, depending on the game this would cause stuttering.

Is your ram running in xmp? What speeds?

List the rest of your PC specs, PSU, mobo, case/fans.

As above, which monitor are you using?

Have you tried gsync/freesync?

The actions taken were:
Updated windows 10
Slightly reduced OC
hp driver assistant