Question RTX 4070Ti Best temps.

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
Hello.
I just intall RTX 4070 Ti and because i have big problems before whith a diferent gpu whith the temps,i wanna ask what are the best temps for RTX 4070TI.
I don't whant the official NVIDA statistic,but the real stuff.What is REALLY safe for the gpu.
After a overclock my temps are around:
Core temps-MAX 75-77C on few games,66-70c in most.
HOT SPOT-81.
Memory-74.
For me that is good but i want Your opinion.
Is this ok and how far than that i can go(because i will overclock more).
And what are the best temps.
Thanks...and sorry for the wrighting but english is not my native language.

To put it up front, what you're getting looks normal and is fine.

If you want the best temperature, then you'll need to run it with LN2 or phase change cooling, which'll probably get it down to -150C. But that's probably what you don't want to hear. You probably also don't want to hear that there's really no such thing or that as long as you're within spec which is likely 90-95C. In any case, if you don't want to hear those answers, as long as you're under the maximum limit, there's really no such thing as "best temperature" other than "whatever helps you sleep at night."

As far as overclocking headroom goes, temperature isn't the only thing you need to worry about. You also have to worry about the power and voltage limit. And even then, the card will only take these as suggestions.

But if you want me to throw some values down for bragging points or whatever:
a0uuOS8.png

i7XBd0a.png

6rzIuv0.png

Reactions: KyaraM

KyaraM

Admirable
Anything below 80°C core and 90°C hotspot is fine, honestly. Memory shouldn't go beyond 85-90°C, either, imho. Personally, the highest spike I have ever seen on my 4070Ti was 70°C core. Normally it sits between 45 and 65°C core while gaming. Memory is often below core, even, and except for really demanding titles, delta between core and hotspot is around 6°C. These are the best temps I ever had on any GPU...

5900x

Commendable
Aug 18, 2021
For what its worth, I'll throw a curveball at you. I'm using GTX 970 since seven years and had been on Intel i7 for five years with it until i got a Ryzen 5900x in 2021. Also I now use two monitors with it, I had one during those five years. One is a 1440p 165hz and another 1080p 75hz monitor.

Right now I'm running Resident Evil 4 Chainsaw demo (game-set settings at 1080p FSR 2) and this is how it looks. And I can summarize this is the baseline for most of the modern games that I can run on this. Some games don't cross 65c and some max out at 73c. But the card has never once screeched at me and it keeps doing what it does silently and without any fuss. I used to game 6-7 per day hours in those years which has reduced to 2-3 hours now. Idle temps sit at 42-48c and its summer conditions here with general ambience of around 30c.

Bottomline, I wouldn't worry for a 4070Ti or any modern GPU hitting any temps as long as they are not the max as defined by your GPU maker. Bad by design is one thing, like some 7900xtx reference vapour chamber issues, but having a fine GPU I wouldn't worry about a thing.

970.jpg

Reactions: KyaraM

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
Tanks for the reply.
I wanna share some of mine experience with you.Back in the days i used to have gtx8600gt with passive cooler(no fans on it).I install a fan on that passive cooler(homemade but it was very good for the temps)....that card was dead in 2 years.After that i got GTX260.It was HOT.My case at that time din't have any fans so it runs very hot.Few time it crash and artifacts appear on the screen.That card dye in 4 years.After that 10 years without a gaming pc(only for internet).And then i got a pc whith rx 5600xt.........man.......the damn thing crash 2 weeks after i got it.TEMPS.I remember that i play Call of duty advance warfare and the temps on the core was 66c;but on the memory was above 85c......or someting like that.The driver of the GPU at the time was not good enave and the fans runs to slow(they fix it after some time).But it hapened.And on many games if the core temps are 66c the memory is around 70,BUT on some games if the core is 60c,the memory goes around 80c and maybe even more.And i have problems whith that card to.That's why i ALWAYS chech the vram temps.The problem is that by unknown reason MSI Afterburner stop showing GPU vram temps(if you can tell me how to enable this i will be happy).
NOW i have RTX4070Ti and as you can imagine i don't whanna miss someting and again to have problems.
I just share some of my expirience whit you,and i hope i din't got you bored.