Question RTX 4070Ti problems

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
Hello.
I got RTX 4070Ti and i am a bit of worry about that 12 gigs of VRAM and 192 bits bandwidth.I wanna play for 3-4 years with no problems but i think that Vram will be a problem.I know that in Hogwarts Legacy and Plague Tale Requiem the card have a problems because of that,but i whanna know if is bad optimization or is just ...bad card.I whanna hear some prediction about the life spawn of the card considering these limitation.I mean i don't wanna give all my money for something that won't last 3-4 years because if now stutter what about later.
Thanks.

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
That with the "RTX4090" was strange :)
And i know about "the future is not known ha ha ha" but on many places a see people say that this gpu is dead on arrival or some that will hold for 3-4 years and because i know that many people wach that forum (and many of them are professional when it comes to this) i just want to hear some prediction about that situation... :)

i just want to hear some prediction about that situation
you don't mention what particular games, what resolution you plan on using, what in-game settings you would like to see, or what minimum frame per second you would like to be running.

put a GTX 1070 in and run everything @ 720p with lowest settings and still get good frame rates on the majority of games out there.

without knowing your actual plans, no one can really give you any solid advice on this.

Hello.
I got RTX 4070Ti and i am a bit of worry about that 12 gigs of VRAM and 192 bits bandwidth.I wanna play for 3-4 years with no problems but i think that Vram will be a problem.I know that in Hogwarts Legacy and Plague Tale Requiem the card have a problems because of that,but i whanna know if is bad optimization or is just ...bad card.I whanna hear some prediction about the life spawn of the card considering these limitation.I mean i don't wanna give all my money for something that won't last 3-4 years because if now stutter what about later.
Thanks.
I would think the future is going to look like this:
GeForce NOW | The Next Generation in Cloud Gaming | NVIDIA
basically, subscriptions to cloud GPU processing for games.
(less depending on high end hardware, more remote GPU processing with results streamed to machine via internet)
-----------
I would look at the rtx 4080 for starters. If I could get one cheap enough. (have not been able to)

It will be hard to afford some of the new hardware that is coming, better to rent it via cloud computing. Windows pc might die off.

Last edited:

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
Tanks to all for the reply.
I wanna play 2 years 1440p on max and after that to lowering a bit the settings.After all that is how is how slould be for that GPU.
As for the Cloud Gaming...i don't think so.It's bean that kina thing before whith cloud gaming but it din't work.

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
Thanks for the reply.I can't upgrade more than that GPU because more than that is rtx 4080...which is way above my budget.But time will tell if this will be a good gpu or not.

Hey there,

No, don't upgrade your GPU to a 4080/4090, it will be wasted. It seems no-one has thought to ask you your system spec. This is key for any recommneded upgrades.

As for the 4070ti, it's a very strong card (with a bad history - Thanks Nvidia!), but is nearly the same performance as a 3090 in most games. THe Vram issue depending on what resolution, will either be a factor or it won't.

The 4070ti is overkill for 1080p, great at 1440p and pretty decent still at 4k.

As long as your CPU can provide pre-rendered frames fast enough to the GPU, then you won't have any issues, and the card will last a couple/few years. The pace of tech moving forward with each gen is crazy. The 4070ti is a great card. Enjoy it and stop worrying :)

Reactions: GarrettL and Why_Me
Tanks to all for the reply.
I wanna play 2 years 1440p on max and after that to lowering a bit the settings.After all that is how is how slould be for that GPU.
As for the Cloud Gaming...i don't think so.It's bean that kina thing before whith cloud gaming but it din't work.

With the 4070ti, you will get what you are expecting, or hoping for :)

Some games do push 12gb vram at 1440p, but not as many or as much as you'd think.

I've a 3060ti 8gb, and none of the games I play get eve close to 8gb vram usage. Typically I play FPS, like BF2042/COD etc. F122, and some other racing/flying sims. If the games you play are similar, then 12gb will be plenty.

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
Thanks to all for they reply.
As for the rest of my specs...they are weak for now,but when my pc is ready it will be good for that GPU.
As for the games...already has is been games that push that 192 bit bandwich and VRAM to the limits.Hogwarts legacy and Plague Tale Requiem.
I can only hope that in the future the games will be better optimized for the hardware.And also i refuse to belive that the video cards developers relise a gpu that is already obsolete.
And if i have to lock back 1 generation- the RTX 3070Ti is not good enave for theas 2 games...the vram is not enave.And that GPU is 2 years old.It's just not bilt to last very long.The AMD card has more vram and will last for longer time but i got amd gpu (my old card) and i am not happy whith it because is have some strange poroblem and tahts why i din't bye AMD again.
My bigest worry is Unreal Engine 5.1.I can only hope that i won't have any problems...but i guess time will tell.
And i am very sorry for the language but english is not my native language.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Thanks to all for they reply.
As for the rest of my specs...they are weak for now,but when my pc is ready it will be good for that GPU.
As for the games...already has is been games that push that 192 bit bandwich and VRAM to the limits.Hogwarts legacy and Plague Tale Requiem.
I can only hope that in the future the games will be better optimized for the hardware.And also i refuse to belive that the video cards developers relise a gpu that is already obsolete.
And if i have to lock back 1 generation- the RTX 3070Ti is not good enave for theas 2 games...the vram is not enave.And that GPU is 2 years old.It's just not bilt to last very long.The AMD card has more vram and will last for longer time but i got amd gpu (my old card) and i am not happy whith it because is have some strange poroblem and tahts why i din't bye AMD again.
My bigest worry is Unreal Engine 5.1.I can only hope that i won't have any problems...but i guess time will tell.
And i am very sorry for the language but english is not my native language.
No worries on the language. We understand just fine :)

I would suggest listing your specs, and we can guide you through some upgrade options. Don't worry about how bad/good your cuurent hardware is. We're happy to help and offer advice.

Make sure to check back in with us, and let us know how you're getting on.

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
Thank you.My current specs are:
Win 10
I510400f
B460 HD3
3200Mhz 2x8 RAM
PSU will be FPS ATX3.0 1000W 80+gold (i din't have the psu yet and that's why i din't put the GPU in the system).
SSD 1 TB+ SSD1TB + 512 NVME +2 TB WD 5200Rpm

sonofjesse

Distinguished
This is a worry post. (we all worry).

As always you buy the best fit or what you can afford today, when "problems" come later you address them.

Video cards last for years with good results. You might have to tweak a setting here or their, but the average cant' tell ultra vs max vs high settings on games. IN most games its so hard to tell.

Quit worrying go play games. 4070TI is a great card to game with.

I think it always makes zero sense personally to buy the top end car (unless that card makes you a lot of income).

For example the 3090 was crazy high and the 4070 is super close for a lot cheaper, your better off upgrading every generation, selling your old card, then buying the top of the line and keeping it forever in my opinion.

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
Thanks for the reply.I hope you are wright,but i can't stop thinking that maybe i should bye rx 7900xt.It's a card whit more vram and bandwich,but i din't do it because it was 75 euro more expensive than RTX 4070TI.
And i simply can't bye every generation a new GPU because its to expensive for me.
And it's not wright to lowering the settings on 1440p,when this card is been made to run everiting on max....it's just not normal to do such tings.
As for the the rtx3090 and rtx 4070ti-is not wright to compare them like that.
RTX 3090 is 4K card that after was relise 2 years you play on max.RTX 4070TI is 1440P card that you cant play on 4k but it's not future prof.What i mena is that rtx 3090(which was launch 2 years ago) WAS a future prof..RTX4070TI is not.The future games (especially those on unreal engine 5) will not be able to be played 4k max.I guarantee for that.Thaht's why its not wright for theas 2 GPU to be compared like that.

sonofjesse

Distinguished
In my experience AMD drivers and software is not worth the risk. I know lots of people have no issues, however, that has not been my personal experience.

NIVDIA is the way (and I"m not a brand snob, I"m on an AMD CPU), its just with graphics, I have always ran into issues with AMD compared to NIVDIA.

If you want to best today to "future proof" go buy a 4090. Best card out. However if you mention budget is an issue, in them situations I suggest to people a 4070TI, and that is the card you have.

I would be happy and game on it. Down the road in 4-5 y years you can always upgrade to a newer card, that was my point earlier. Newer better and cheaper cards always come out, don't go flagship.

Good luck!