Question Rtx 4070ti support bar?

Kellerman88

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
Hi. Just recieved my first custome pre build pc today and i see in the box that it have a grapic card support pin, Wonder if this is mounted right and if it should only rest on it or if the card should slightly be pushed up before putting it under?

Also i see one should have magnetic bracelet to toutch inside the pc? I didnt had one but only toutched the edge of the grapic card all way to right the gray/brown frame on the card where the logo is, to feel if it was bending/under stress. Dont know if that is a critical place to toutch fingers? Adding first a pics of the holder if it mounted right, then a red arrow on pics where i had to toutch to very slightly feel if it sag and get the support under the card.

KyaraM

Admirable
I wouldn't put pressure on the card, so no permanent lifting. Would have height-adjusted the stand until it barely touches while already beneath the card.

And don't think too much they are about anti-static (not magnetic as you said, anti-static) wristbands. I built my systems without any, even while standing on carpet in one case. It's not ideal, but the chances of breaking something are slim and the shroud of the GPU, which is most likely non-conductive plastic, doesn't matter at all.

Reactions: Kellerman88

Kellerman88

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
I wouldn't put pressure on the card, so no permanent lifting. Would have height-adjusted the stand until it barely touches while already beneath the card.

And don't think too much they are about anti-static (not magnetic as you said, anti-static) wristbands. I built my systems without any, even while standing on carpet in one case. It's not ideal, but the chances of breaking something are slim and the shroud of the GPU, which is most likely non-conductive plastic, doesn't matter at all.

Thanks for the information :)

Ok i will try to leave the card as it is and just add the level bar until it just toutch it, it’s not possible to adjust the sag bar while its mounted so i must try finding the same level before equip it under.

About the material on the shroud cover i think it’a metal since it felt cold like metal.

Just adjusted the bar so it hold it in the same level as it’s not mounted, just supporting but i first thought the card was littlebit tilted towards where it didnt had support bar.

Last edited: