Question RTX 4080 hdmi no signal

Midnightowl626

Honorable
Nov 28, 2016
Hi i just bought a rtx 4080 gigabyte eagle OC and i am coming from a evga rtx 3080 ftw3 ultra. i am trying to get it to work but i keep getting no hdmi signal. i use the Samsung S95B Oled Tv as my monitor. i tried disconnecting and reconnecting hdmi. i tried other hdmi cable and other ports on the tv. i installed the 4080 nvidia drivers. still no signal and when i pop my rtx 3080 in it works right away. the first time i tried i had used DDU to remove the 3080 drivers. what eles can i do?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6D7V7X

Nov 19, 2022
Same card, same problem: No video signal from GIGABYTE EAGLE OC GeForce RTX 4080

Issue: No video signal, monitor remains black. This computer worked just fine with RTX 3080 cards. I double checked that card fully socketed. I tried two times to remove the card, install it again, making sure that everything is connected properly. I tried both HDMI and DP cables. I tried to disable in BIOS integrated graphics. The RTX 4080 rgb are on but no signal on the monitor. What could be the problem?

Computer configuration:
Motherboard: Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0), last BIOS installed
CPU: i9-9900
PSU: SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Titanium 750 W

Solution found: use only 2 power connectors instead of 3. With 2 power connectors card works just fine.
One possibility is that if you use three connectors, then they must be from three separate power busses. If the third connector was actually just a modular connector or other wire connected to the same power bus of the power supply (like an extension cord instead of independent power), then perhaps (it's just speculation) the video card thought it could use more power than is present (not sure of the internal logic programmed into these video cards).

Nov 19, 2022
These were 3 different power connections. It also looks like a common problem for the new RTX 4080s. Another twist of the story about “famous” 12VHPWR Adapter.

TRENDING THREADS