Question RTX 4080 Recommendation

Daani37

Prominent
Aug 9, 2021
Hi All,

I am looking to upgrade my RTX 3080 which packed in a few days ago. I am using a Samsung Odyssey G9 49 inch monitor, Looking for some recommendations what brand is good to get. Ideally I want something that doesn't have much of a coil whine as silent as possible is ideal. I was looking at the Asus ROG Strix 4080 but lots of videos around very loud coil whine.

Thanks

Honestly, it doesn't matter what brand of card that you buy because these aren't exactly things that you can build in your backyard. It doesn't matter if it says ASUS, MSi, PNY, Palit, Inno3D, Zotac or Gigabyte because they all make good cards and have been doing so for many years.

I used to work at Tiger Direct and I never noticed a higher or lower rate of failure from any AIB video card brand. This is true for both GeForce and Radeon. The things that do matter are physical differences like the size of the card and/or the number of fans it has. Some people (like me) only buy cards with three fans because I have a monster PC case that can fit anything while some people have smaller cases and only buy cards with two fans because they're the only cards that fit.

My time at Tiger Direct gave me the opinion that you should just get whatever brand gives you the best price at the time because the performance differences between them are slight at best. I've personally owned cards by Albatron, XFX, Palit, Gigabyte and Sapphire. None of them were any more or less impressive than the others to me. They all just worked.

Reactions: PEnns
D

Deleted member 2838871

I recently went with the Gigabyte Aero.... it's the first card I've ever owned from them and am quite happy with it. Super quiet and performs well... warranty was bumped to 4 years with registration.

TRENDING THREADS