Review Rtx 4090 system review

Aug 24, 2022
I recent built this system and I thought some of you may be interested in the new hardware if you want to upgrade, especially with Ryzen 7000 and Nvidia gpu

Nzxt atx tower
Ryzen 7 7700x + nzxt liquid cooler
Asus X670e MB
DDR5 32gb 5600
Asus tuf Rtx 4090
Samsung 2tb 980
M32U 4k 144hz
Asus 1250w gold psu (not atx 3.0)

Power test: ultimate power while idle
cpu temp: 75C
gpu temp: ~45C.

Power test: ultimate power while gaming
cpu temp: 95C
gpu temp: ~66C.

Power test: balanced power while idle
cpu temp: 45C
gpu temp: ~45C

Power test: balanced power while gaming
cpu temp: ~75C
gpu temp: ~66C

There is no fps difference between these 2 power modes, so I set it back to balanced to maintain better temperatures. The 4090's temp seems to be identical no matter what power mode.

The performance of the 4090 is truly impressive. Its temperature stability while gaming is even more so. So far, i have not used dlss and I play with native 4k. I am not using atx 3.0 psu. The cable that came with the card is also bent vertically but not too close to the plug. I am hoping nothing will happen.

I am happy to answer your questions within my knowledge if you have any.

Last edited:
Reactions: Why_Me
Aug 24, 2022
Then I'd order one. There is no "monitoring" the adapter. General consensus out there, loosely based on various users inputs, so clearly we can't take it as gospel but it probably gives us a rough idea at least, is that it has taken about 30 cycles before problems have developed and when they've developed it has pretty much been "fine one minute, done the next".

"Hoping" nothing will happen is going to feel a lot like not going to the doctor and "hoping" cancer will go away on its own, if something DOES happen to your highly expensive graphics card and even more so if you are unlucky enough to have it affect other hardware as well. A melted connector could easily result in a shorted circuit and then all bets are off.

Either way, your hardware, your decision, but good luck to you man.

Aug 24, 2022
Then I'd order one. There is no "monitoring" the adapter. General consensus out there, loosely based on various users inputs, so clearly we can't take it as gospel but it probably gives us a rough idea at least, is that it has taken about 30 cycles before problems have developed and when they've developed it has pretty much been "fine one minute, done the next".

"Hoping" nothing will happen is going to feel a lot like not going to the doctor and "hoping" cancer will go away on its own, if something DOES happen to your highly expensive graphics card and even more so if you are unlucky enough to have it affect other hardware as well. A melted connector could easily result in a shorted circuit and then all bets are off.

Either way, your hardware, your decision, but good luck to you man.

I will make the necessary order lol. Appreciate it