Question RTX 4090 Ti Release date?

jasonmason

Prominent
Mar 8, 2022
Any rumours about the release date of RTX 4090 Ti? Just not sure if it's worth waiting or just grab any RTX 4090 as soon as stocks normalize.

Any rumours about the release date of RTX 4090 Ti? Just not sure if it's worth waiting or just grab any RTX 4090 as soon as stocks normalize.
Not for some time yet, they will want to keep the value of the 4090 as high as possible for as long as possible. The 90Ti usually launches about a year after or just less than the release of the non Ti. I’d expect no earlier than summer next year.

jasonf2

Distinguished
The TI and Super cards are mid generation performance placeholders. While you can guess a release of around a year after the main generation release, performance tends to be based on what AMD has countered with. In the case of the 4090 it isn't really looking like AMD has a hard answer for that card right now. So the TI version could end up being pretty soft this time around.

Reactions: Why_Me

jasonmason

Prominent
Mar 8, 2022
Just out of curiousity: What do you expect to do with a 4090 TI that can't already do with the 4090??
To get the best use of my 4k 144hz monitor now im not taking advantage of it since RTX 3090 that i currently own struggles in some titles to mantain higher framerates and feel that 144hz buttery.

jasonf2

Distinguished
To get the best use of my 4k 144hz monitor now im not taking advantage of it since RTX 3090 that i currently own struggles in some titles to mantain higher framerates and feel that 144hz buttery.
Not knowing what you have for a rig it will take a 4090 to push that monitor at 144hz in most titles. That is assuming that you have a CPU pairing that can actually feed the card. The 4090 is pretty much twice the card by general performance than your 3090. TI or not fully feeding a 144hz 4k monitor native (without dlss) on something poorly optimized like cyberpunk 2077 is going to be a struggle.

TRENDING THREADS