Question RTX A2000 + LG C2 = can 4K 120Hz?

FryderykChopin

Honorable
Jul 26, 2016
Hi! Sorry if the question is answered in the sticky already but I couldn't find it there... Anyway I want to connect RTX A2000 (which only has DisplayPort 1.4a connectors) to LG C2 OLED TV (which only has HDMI 2.1 ports). Is there any adapter that would allow a 4K 120Hz output? If so, could you please recommend a specific one? btw. are there any potential issues with using the adapter such as missing features or worse image quality)? thx in advance!

/ninja edit: Found for example this adapter: https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-101101-BLK-Computer-Adapter/dp/B08XFYHFCK - it specifically says "this is an active adapter that supports DP 1.4 to HDMI 2.1 and it is capable of 4K@120Hz" - is there any reason why it wouldn't work for the purposes mentioned above? Should I expect any issues with it?

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Worth a shot.

The GPU certainly could output HDMI 2.1, same chip as an RTX 3060. But if you are just using this for display, then you could potentially downgrade to something like an RTX3050. Or are you going for the small form factor of the A2000?

FryderykChopin

Honorable
Jul 26, 2016
Worth a shot.

The GPU certainly could output HDMI 2.1, same chip as an RTX 3060. But if you are just using this for display, then you could potentially downgrade to something like an RTX3050. Or are you going for the small form factor of the A2000?

Hi, thanks for a reply. Well I dig the incredible energy efficiency of A2000 (sort of counterweight to the power hungry LG C2 I guess) and I can get one for a good price. The problem is that its potential return would be problematic if it turned out that I can't squeeze out the 4k120fps out of it, so I'm trying to figure it out in advance :)

Adapters are not likely to work.
The LG needs hdmi2.1 to be able to run at 120hz.
My old graphics card had dp but not hdmi2.1
I did a lot of research and tried a dp to hdmi adapter which utterly failed.
I upgraded to a 3000 series card which has worked perfectly.