RTX cards are still dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterofpics0

Proper
Aug 17, 2018
Wanna buy an RTX card,heard they are dying but all those threads on reddit,etc was made in november or october.So are they still dying or it's fixed?

masterofpics0

Proper
Aug 17, 2018

when did that happen?

I wouldn't base your decision on just that.
From what I read, the problem with with the RTX 2080 Ti FEs.
I wasn't aware of problems with the other RTX cards.
,....and here's the thing....it's warrantied and they sent me another card that's working fine the next day.....so I wouldn't not buy one just because of the early RTX 2080 Ti incidents....but it's up to you.

masterofpics0

Proper
Aug 17, 2018

So you mean your third RTX 2080 ti is working fine?

No there are/were only two. The first one failed. I'm using the second one now.

I work in the electronics industry and this is what I think probably happened. NVidia probably had a some sort of quality spill. It's a huge screw up on NVidia's part but they happen. So I imagine that the cards they over-nighted to people like me probably had the problem fixed or at least I would like to think so and if they didn't it would be really foolish on their part because they have a reputation to consider.

Plus the cards are under warranty...so I'm not real concerned....and the 2080 Ti really does kick ass so I think it's worth the risk for me.

Feb 12, 2019
I received a RTX 2080 FE (non Ti) today and it died after just five minutes after I launched Unreal Engine editor. Temps went up to 70 and then... nothing. It still kind of works w/o drivers, but as soon as I try to install drivers, it freezes. In other words, it exactly the same issue people have been reporting for few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS