Question Rtx incompatibility with an h81 chipset

Dec 6, 2019
I have an old system with an intel core I7 4790, a h81m-s3ph motherboard from gigabyte, 8 Gb of ram and a fresh installation of windows 10. I have tried upgrading it with a RTX 2060 XC from evga, but so far i have not been able to make it work correctly in my system. I just can't install the drivers, because when i do my screen goes blank and the computer becomes unresponsive. I have already tried old drivers for the card, the newest from Nvidia, the ones from windows update. My suspicion is that is an incompatibility with my motherboard. Is there any way of knowing for sure? How can I fix it?

Mezoxin

Reputable
Nov 3, 2019
Sorry I mistakenley read your question that you cant boot up with the new gpu , anyway updating the bios is always a good thing

A more relevant question would be what is the make/model of your PSU ?

Mezoxin

Reputable
Nov 3, 2019
I am not fully certain that this is what is causing the problem you are currentley facing But , that isnt a good psu to begin with , it has low quality components and dated design that is not optimal for new gpu's also the manufacterer gives at a 3year warranty which gives an indication of how the manufacterer thinks of the longetivity of this PSU when compared to other PSU's with 12 and 10 years warranty . If your PSU is older than that warranty period stop using it and get a new one

i would reccomend a corsair TXM 550 or Seasonic focus 550